Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tasca Parts Incompetence backed by EBay

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Sorry for the delay responding, it's true that I don't check in here as often as I should but because Facebook and emails keep me so busy the forums (having gotten rather slow) tend to get put on the back burner. I don't have direct access to our Ebay network. Can you please email me directly with the details so I can try digging in to it?

spowell@tasca.com.

I'll be happy to look into it.

-Steve
Hi Steve,

I have sent you a email just now.

Regards
Ian M

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Looking into this now, it actually appears that the issue is with Ebay and the way their shipping system works. The address in Erlanger, KY is apparently an E-bay international clearing house. All (or most, I don't have all the details yet) E-bay international shipments pass through there and from what I understand so far is that E-bay should have sent you a second tracking number for the package once it left that location. I have no idea what the turn around time is on it but I'd have thought it would have shipped to you already.

My guess is the reason they declined your claim is that they already know that it shipped to their clearing house. I'm also guessing they didn't explain the process very well? I know I was unaware of this system.

I take it you have not received any new tracking info? I am still working on this but wanted to update this with what I've found so far.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
And I just got off the phone with our E-bay sales manager after he spoke with our customer service manager and they contacted Ebay directly and the answer is that Sekred will need to contact E-bay again directly on this particular transaction because of the way their international shipping program works.

Anything Tasca (or any other U.S. based seller) sells through E-bay inside the U.S. is shipped directly from the seller to the buyer, the way E-bay handles international sales is different. The buyer is placing the order with a particular vendor but E-bay has the vendor ship the product to their international shipping facility and then E-bay forwards the item on to the customer. It's meant to be a safety feature for all involved so that international shipments are all handled the same way.

Once E-bay takes delivery of the item all liability is transferred to them so any claim has to be filed directly with E-bay as they will be the ones reimbursing the cost. Being that the pads were delivered and accepted by E-bay then you really shouldn't have any issue getting the claim sorted.

Here's a link I found that explains the entire E-bay global shipping program and how it works, I believe I explained it correctly but here it is in its entirety.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/shipping-globally.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any further assistance.

-Steve

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Hi Steve,
Thanks for taking the time find out what has gone wrong here with E-bay and not Tasca the party that's failed to deliver the item.

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
No trouble at all, I'm glad I could at least clear it up even if I can't actually fix it. I'm sure E-bay will work with you, they're a very well run company.

Any info you need should be in that link I shared above.

-Steve

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Update,
So I phone E-bay directly. It took the person I spoke to about 30 seconds to realise what had happened once they reopened the case and looked at the tracking info showing delivery to their shipping hub but non delivery to me. E-bay reversed their first decision (in favour of the seller) and refunded my PayPal account within 24 hours.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Good that smarter heads prevailed. Order directly from Steve Powell and eliminate the middle man and you get better service. I've ordered from Steve many times with zero issues. Plus they sometimes have discount codes to save some money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Really glad it all worked out for you, we both learned from this experience. I was completely unaware of how that E-bay international shipping system worked.

Please do let me know if I can help with anything else in the future.

Thanks, Steve