Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hit rear passenger wheel into curb going 5-10 mph. Did I do any damage to the suspension?

Some idiot decided to leave his car parked perpendicular in the opposite lane of where I needed to go. I turned right sharply from a stop and heard/ felt my passenger rear rim scrap/ slightly hit the curb. Pulled over and check and of course there was about 10inches of light curbing at the very top of the rim, but luckily no tire damage.

My question: Did I do any other damage to my rear end or not? Car doesn't really feel out of alignment. Is it worth taking it in to have it checked out?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just go out and buy another one.....🖒....kidding...it should be fine besides that ugly wheel you have on your car now....🕺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Should be fine, our cars aren't that delicate.
I did the same thing only a couple of days after picking up the car (DAMNED sidewalk curbs which downtown Wilkes-Barre INSISTS on putting out into the middle of the dark street! [mad] [thumbdown]), and during subsequent alignment checks, it is still well within the factory specs. ;)

As above, these cars are TOUGH, and even if somehow the hub mounts were bent badly enough to be WAY WAY out of spec, there is not much which can be done to correct them (using shims is all but impossible) save for replacing the whole beam axle.