Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST

Hello fellow FiST owners out there. Just picked up my White Platinum 2017 FiST with Nav and Sync 3 yesterday. Traded my '15 Honda Civic SI, 2dr. coupe in for this. Having read numerous articles and watched YouTube videos on this car, I took the plunge. Hopefully no surprises but if so, I'll drop kick this car to the curb like rugby player and there will be no more Ford's in this lifetime.
Looking forward to reading your posts and learning from your experiences. Peace!
Mark

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Nothing, but as a two door coupe, it had it's limited carrying capacity. The ST wIth 4 doors and a hatchback, although a smaller car, accessiblty is easier.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Its a fun experience this car. Evwn better modded to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hello fellow FiST owners out there. Just picked up my White Platinum 2017 FiST with Nav and Sync 3 yesterday. Traded my '15 Honda Civic SI, 2dr. coupe in for this. Having read numerous articles and watched YouTube videos on this car, I took the plunge. Hopefully no surprises but if so, I'll drop kick this car to the curb like rugby player and there will be no more Ford's in this lifetime.
Looking forward to reading your posts and learning from your experiences. Peace!

Welcome; I've had mine for ~2.5 years w/ absolutely no issues (did the Break-in 101 thing - don't know if it helped, but it sure didn't hurt). I sometimes go to the Cars and Coffee in Plano (1st Saturday in each month) or the Cowtown Cars and Coffee at TX Motor Speedway (3rd Saturday); there's usually a FiST or two there, but not always; I don't go in the summer, however, too $%#$!! hot! (my company relocated me here from Colorado a while back and I still haven't adjusted to the heat/humidity). I've probably seen less than 15 FiSTs in the wild in DFW in the past three years...a fairly rare beast in our neck of the woods.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
I'll have to make a point to come up some time, I'm in Arlington.

I took my ST in for a 500 mile oil change. Another dealer had this car for 121 miles
so if there would be any metal shavings, they're flushed now. What do you
guys recommend for oil; the 1/2 synthetic Ford, or go for a full synthetic lubricant.
I'm in N TX so we get pretty warm during our summer months.

BTW, having driven this some more, I finally pinpointed what this car feels like
and I've experienced it before. It's nimble, quick, light, and did I say fun?

My 1984 VW GTI had the same feeling but the ST out performs due to its' 197 hp. vs. 90 even if it weighs 600 lbs. more.
But it's there; a light platform, good engine, transmission, chassis, and body. I'm
a young 59'r but it takes me back to that low dollar fun machine era. The GTI only sold for $8,400 MSRP.

I got 3 speeding tickets and almost got married that year. I'd take more tickets
over her any day. Sweet rides....all three of them :)

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
Just got back from a fabulous 54 mile trek through the Talimena Scenic Drive, OK, W to E, to Mena, AR. Curves, turns, and straight a way's. Yes, this car is awesome just stock but thinking ahead how it would take this drive with Mountune or Cobb performance parts, etc ? Any ideas out there for me to consider?
Thx!