Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

something new on the way to whoosh HQ anyone looking for a new air box????

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

I'd rather have the ST 200 plastic; fully OEM looking from the top, and a LOT less chance of heat soak. ;)

Now IF the ITG Maxogen system can be adapted/fitted to our USDM MAP based system, then that would be my preference over ALL of the currently available ones in this land. [grinking]
LOL Wait...does it actually heat soak?

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Yeah but what is the benefit over the stock box? Do you use a intake tube with this? Aftermarket filter?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah but what is the benefit over the stock box? Do you use a intake tube with this? Aftermarket filter?
It has an air duct hose routed into the bottom of the box, which you locate up to an opening in the front of the car to catch fresh, COOL air, NOT HOT under hood air, as do all of the open element, or only partially shielded 'ricer type' cone filter intakes.

Not likely. I think it would be too short to fit the long cobb filter in there. I mean I'm just eyeballing it, but have a look for yourself.
You may be right. I'll bet a shorter filter would fit, or if you could angle the filter just right it may fit.

I think I remember reading somewhere a while back that someone used the Cobb with mountune lower?

If it indeed does fit together, it would make for a nice, quiet(ish) and efficient true cold air system!

It has an air duct hose routed into the bottom of the box, which you locate up to an opening in the front of the car to catch fresh, COOL air, NOT HOT under hood air, as do all of the open element, or only partially shielded 'ricer type' cone filter intakes.
Not sure if I'm fully understanding. Would that air hose act similarly to the Velossa Tech Big Mouth essentially? Does the hose route to the same area i.e. just behind the grill?

GAbOS

Ron's kicking some serious ass for us. I'll be all over this if we can get the bigger elbows too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Not sure if I'm fully understanding. Would that air hose act similarly to the Velossa Tech Big Mouth essentially? Does the hose route to the same area i.e. just behind the grill?
Looks like it is in addition to any air that comes in from where the Big Mouth enters since it comes in from the bottom.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Ron's kicking some serious ass for us. I'll be all over this if we can get the bigger elbows too

by elbow
do you mean right off the turbo inlet, the crossover pipe, induction hose?
just want to clarify please

and thank you!

Ford Community Posts