Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

something new on the way to whoosh HQ anyone looking for a new air box????

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

GAbOS

Sorry Ron. The intake pipe from the box itself to the turbo. I am assuming it may be a larger ID unit as well. If not, a combo with the Ramair would be nice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

Looks like it is in addition to any air that comes in from where the Big Mouth enters since it comes in from the bottom.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
This is not correct. It adds a second air inlet to the box and does not replace the stock inlet that the Velossa Big Mouth uses. This ST200 airbox is basically a plastic version of Mountune's airbox (metal).

Now as to where exactly that hose "should" go, that's up for debate.

Mountune's recommendation was to route the hose to rest just behind the fog light. Unfortunately there's no active airflow in that area. I believe I read a user that tested it a while back and found that it had no effect on airflow at idle, but at speed it helped a tiny bit.

I'm personally considering doing something similar to what Sekred did and connect the hose to an opening made in the fog light housing. It's the same idea as Mountune's original location, just with the added benefit of being hooked up to a velocity stack installed next to the fog light. This is documented at http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/399-Sektune-Cold-Air-Intake.

Ford appears to use an entirely different approach. They've routed the hose to rest somewhere towards the lower middle of the car, behind either the radiator or the intercooler. Evidence of this can be seen in this picture provided by an ST200 owner that gave us the only view I've seen thus far of where that hose is located on a stock ST200.

Bluedrank

The box will not come with an induction tube. The fiesta ST200 uses the same one that we have. The only parts this would come with is the lower and upper airbox plus the new lower hose.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm pretty interested in the airbox, very interested in the Euro headlights. Thanks Ron for really picking up where other folks in the industry left off!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not sure if I'm fully understanding. Would that air hose act similarly to the Velossa Tech Big Mouth essentially? Does the hose route to the same area i.e. just behind the grill?
You still have the factory opening to the TOP of the air box (like the Big Mouth attaches to), but this box has that flexible hose attached to the BOTTOM of the air box as well.

I want to do this mod because I do NOT want to install a Big Mouth on my car. ;)

That hose can be ducted to an opening near the fog light, or in place of the fog light.
I am even thinking about a velocity stack like duct installed into the plastic lower factory air dam under the bumper to attach this hose to for a cold air source (but I have to look further into that as a possibility).

koozy

3000 Post Club
I am even thinking about a velocity stack like duct installed into the plastic lower factory air dam under the bumper to attach this hose to for a cold air source (but I have to look further into that as a possibility).
This is exactly what I had planned to do, I have all of the parts to do it, but after getting in there and seeing the reality of things I felt it wasn't necessary. It was more trouble than it's worth. There's plenty of fresh air rushing in through the lower grill area right next to the intercooler, at least with my setup.

Last time I priced these out, they were like $191 shipped for the box and the hose. So that's also considerably less than the Mountune setup for the same thing you just need to buy a panel filter, or don't since the gains there have been seen to be minimal as well. I was and still potentially am extremely interested in this even though I have a Cobb installed and a Mishimoto new in the box that I was going to switch to, but figured it's just not worth it. Interested for the OEM look though!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #51
Yesss I want these too

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-headlight-bulbs-and-LED-running-light-wiring

- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED RH (LHD) Part Number: 1895781
- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED LH (LHD) Part Number: 1895784

They are German I believe, left hand drive.
I'm pretty interested in the airbox, very interested in the Euro headlights. Thanks Ron for really picking up where other folks in the industry left off!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I haven't forgotten about these

Will post prices and availability hopefully tomorrow ~!!!!!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #52
supplier out of stock on the euro headlights

airboxes will be in stock next week!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #56
ok guys the light are NOT cheap

$724.99 per set

if I have at least 2 people interested (for real)
I'll bring them in

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #57
Just added the headlights - needed to bump the price due to exchange rate and credit card/PayPal fees
NO Discount codes will be accepted to imported items fellas - sorry

I can't single out items in my catalog to not accept a discount but please be aware if discounts are applied to imported items, the order will be cancelled. I price things so low I can't be in the red on imported items like these.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #58
I'm adding the RAMAIR filter to the first 3 air box orders for $20 extra if interested

First 3 orders only at that price

I'm adding it to the listing now.....

Also adjusted the price slightly