Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Camber

I just installed SPC camber bolts. I got -2.25 driver side, but only -1.15 passenger side. With a bit of work we equalized at -1.2, zero toe.

My feeling is this isn't enough for track work. Should I leave the camber asymmetric, with -2.25L/-1.2R? My FiST is primarily a DD, including winter, with a few track days per year.

Besides bolts, is there any other way to get more camber at the front? I can't seem to find plates, except with coilovers (which I don't want).

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
You always get a bit more neg camber when you lower, but -3.2 is a lot. If your OE alignment was -1, you lower 1.5", and you get an additional -1.5 from the bolts, I guess you end up at -3.2. Lucky you!

The Koni's mounting holes could differ slightly from OE, so that could get you a little more -camber I guess.

Anyway, my car is what it is, so I'm stuck at -1.2. I'd like to hear ideas how I could get it to -2. Or the draw backs of running asymmetric camber... Uneven tire wear I suppose, but I rotate every track day anyway.

You can slot the oem strut bolt holes with the SPC bolts. All you need is a hand drill and a carbide cutter. I used the SPC bolts with Konis and Mountune springs for easy neg camber. I set it to -2.4 with my weight in the car. Note that for optimum grip performance left and right, static camber with no driver needs to be set -0.2 more on the right side. This accounts for driver weight which will lower the left to go -0.1 more and the right will go +0.1 less to equal left and right with driver in car.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Very helpful, thanks so much!
I guess the upper hole should be elongated to the inside so you can push the strut inwards? Or do you elongate the lower outwards and leave the top alone?