Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST RX43 Ken Block's TERRAKHANA (video)

haste

1000 Post Club
I can't even drive Mario Kart this well. He's a phenomenal precision driver.
Not really...he gets his ass kicked in WRX almost every race weekend...great video, though.

He is a great driver but mediocre racer.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not really...he gets his ass kicked in WRX almost every race weekend...great video, though.

True, as he also could not even make a dent in WRC when he did try there either.

But then he was still a privateer, and did not have the coin or resources of the big factory teams, like the top pilots do/did.

So you agree with me that he's a great driver.

I didn't judge this video base on WRC, but the concept that anther driver, such as me, could easily have 1)not make it up those hills at the speed he did, and 2) lost control in the terrain and fell over to the other side of the cliff. I also thought I would've hit that rock where he avoided, and possibly roll the car while hoping over the dunes. Of course, driving in different conditions take practice. But even so, I don't know if I have his talent.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So you agree with me that he's a great driver.

I didn't judge this video base on WRC, but the concept that anther driver, such as me, could easily have 1)not make it up those hills at the speed he did, and 2) lost control in the terrain and fell over to the other side of the cliff. I also thought I would've hit that rock where he avoided, and possibly roll the car while hoping over the dunes. Of course, driving in different conditions take practice. But even so, I don't know if I have his talent.
YES, I do believe that we can ALL agree that he has much more pure driving control talent than any of us will ever DREAM of possessing in 1000 lifetimes of practice, but somehow that still does not make him competitive in World RX, or the WRC. [dunno]

Of course, his multitude of Gymkhana vids are the tops/best demonstrations of razor's edge car control ever seen, and most likely ever will be seen! [twothumb] [ohcrap]

(And YES, even the best/top tier WRC drivers still; hit rocks, trees, bridge structures, roll the car, spin, roll down embankments, etc. and put themselves out of the rally, but NOT very often, and IF they NEVER did, they would not be trying hard enough to win as much as they do. [wink])