Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coilovers for Daily Driving with occasional Autocross

I'm looking to get some coilovers within the next year, but I haven't found a comprehensive thread on what options we have available to us. I've seen a few threads on individual options, but I haven't seen any comparisons.

My FiST is first and foremost a daily driver. However, I like to take it to the local autocross club (more relaxed than SCCA, so not really concerned about any class specs, etc.). I would like them to be adjustable without needing to take them off: softer for street use but stiffer for autocross. I would likely have them professionally installed since I don't trust myself mechanically yet, so I'm not particularly concerned with installation difficulty. Most roads around where I live are pretty smooth, so a firmer daily ride would be fine but not necessary. Basic research leads me to believe I should be spending between $1k-2k but willing to spend more to get something that would better fit my wants/needs. I'm looking to keep the OEM 205 tire width if that makes any difference.

I've heard good things about the MeisterR's and Bilsteins, but haven't really found any good comparisons and not sure if others out there would better fit what I'm looking for.

Thoughts?

KKaWing

Bilsteins if you don't want to adjust damping, MeisterR's if you do. The spring rates are about the same at 5k front 3k rear. MeisterR's have a front camber plate for better or worst (great for alignments, but comes with all the issues of having camber plates/solid mounts). There's also the ST Suspension XTA if your roads arnen't salted in the winter. Anything else would be blow your budget range like Motion Control Suspension and the like.