Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with meaning of gas and such please lost.

I'm a new owner of a 2015 fiesta ST stage 3 cobb tune. Pretty new to the car and all so still getting the rope around it. I just recently found out I have to keep putting premium gas so I'm on that especially gas from shell I hear is good. But I'm lost on these other fuel types people are telling me E-30 and so on and I don't know what that is. Please some explaining I'm trying to learn as much as possible. I do know how to work the acces port and all. Just this whole gas classification I really wouldn't want to damage my baby lol. Thanks in advanced! From Florida kissimmee

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
First of all, you can run your Fiesta on regular 87 octane. Premium is not required but for best performance it is recommended. E30 is an ethanol blend. It means it is 30% ethanol and 70% gasoline. Typically it is a self mixture of E85 and premium 91 or 93 gasoline. E85 is the common FlexFuel that you may have seen at the gas station. Or you may have never seen it depending where you live. Some stations have E30 straight from the pump but it's not as common and since it's mixed with 87, not as ideal. The whole point of running E30 is for performance. Ethanol has extremely high resistance to knock (effectively it has very high octane), allowing your engine to run very aggressive ignition timing for moar powah. I only recommend it if you have a custom tune to take advantage of the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Thanks so much for that info! So sorting the gas from most to least reccomended what would you suggest for me? And yes the acces port have stages 1-3 and has as well as Tune+ 93 octane

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If you're sure the car is stage 3 (intake, intercooler, motor mount, downpipe and catback exhaust) then i would use the stage 3 tune. If the Tune+ tune is stage 3, use that one. Otherwise use the Cobb. Only use 93 octane gas. Don't use ethanol blends unless you have an ethanol tune.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Latley I have been running 1 gallon of e85 per a whole tank if 91 on a cobb ots stg2 tune and I get absolutely no negative corrections. Just positive up to 6. Car seems to like it also my knock count has dropped. Not gone but it is down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk