Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb vs MAP vs Mountune - CBE

Looking for least amount of drone. Would love some pops and crackles but understand that that usually means louder. If you had to pick between these 3, which would it be?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Looking for least amount of drone. Would love some pops and crackles but understand that that usually means louder. If you had to pick between these 3, which would it be?
leaving the downpipe stock?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
For now, yes. I may replace it down the road. When a suitable BT is purchased.
Good to know

I'd look at the Thermal R&D

Mountune is the most tame on the list and frankly I love Mountune parts
The Cobb and MAP are works of art as well - can't go wrong with any

Based on your future plans though I'd still say Thermal since it is the only 3" system that has minimal to no drone.
Lots of guys running them now and they love them. Just thought I'd throw out another option.

Mountune cat back is quite. If you looking for quite it's the way Togo. I've had it on for over a year know and all my friends say they can never tell if I'm here or not becuase they never hear the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DvC

If you search thermal r&d on YouTube they show the process of then engineering the exhausts to minimize the drone on each car through a Helmholtz resonator matched to the drone frequency. They sound great.[video=youtube;wnfKNmHdvc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfKNmHdvc0[/video]

I went with Mountune as a package deal with the downpipe. I like it, personally. I can hear it just fine in the cabin, but it doesn't overpower anything else so you can still hear the radio or conversations. It sounds real good from the outside, deep sound at idle, it pops and crackles going down hill in 3rd gear from my work everyday.

The only drone I get is when I'm rolling up the windows while in my garage - if the fronts are already up and the back is down (especially the passenger side) it gets REAL drone-y. It only happens in my garage, so probably not an issue with the exhaust itself but the way the sound waves bounce off the walls.

I do not have a symposer delete; I've heard having one makes a difference (for the better) in the in-cabin sound of exhaust if you are getting a drone.

I'm happy with my purchase.

Installed my Thermal CBE today. Massive improvement. There's no drone and it isn't raspy like I was worried about with a 3" kit, low RPM's are nice and grumbly. Installed in about 30 minutes with the help of a buddy and a lift. Overall fit and finish is top shelf as well. Big thanks to Ron for answering my endless questions!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Installed my Thermal CBE today. Massive improvement. There's no drone and it isn't raspy like I was worried about with a 3" kit, low RPM's are nice and grumbly. Installed in about 30 minutes with the help of a buddy and a lift. Overall fit and finish is top shelf as well. Big thanks to Ron for answering my endless questions!
glad to help!
And really excited how much you love this set up!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Sounds like the Mountune kit has burbles and pops, do the Cobb and Thermal units have this as well?
I'd say my Thermal is broken in now
I'm running an e30 tune (a few different ones)
and it certainly pops on decel
And I didn't ask for crackles and pops LOL[lovest]