Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Morimoto LED fogs or Baja Designs?

Just installed the Morimoto XB 3 inch led fogs this past weekend. Was able to do it by just removing the headlights and go in from the engine bay. Had to remove the horn on the passenger side because my hands were too big to fit. Overall pretty happy with the lights compared to OEM. Build quality is amazing and feels like a solid product. Was hoping for the fogs to be a bit brighter but might have to adjust the beam angle to fix that. Overall very happy and used the Tentrs code for 10 percent off at the retrofit source website.

A7xogg

Fogs lights shouldn't be crazy bright because brighter lights in fog = less visibility. eBay = unknown quality. Morimotto = the beat quality and warranty. The xb LEDs are super wide and really good in the rain and fog

Fogs lights shouldn't be crazy bright because brighter lights in fog = less visibility. eBay = unknown quality. Morimotto = the beat quality and warranty. The xb LEDs are super wide and really good in the rain and fog
Cool I haven't tried them in the fog or rain yet so looking forward to that. Did you adjust yours at all or just install them the way they came in the box?

A7xogg

Cool I haven't tried them in the fog or rain yet so looking forward to that. Did you adjust yours at all or just install them the way they came in the box?
Yeah I had to aim mine up. We're pointed all the way down. After I adjusted them I realize I could use them as a low beam. There that good.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Yeah I had to aim mine up. We're pointed all the way down. After I adjusted them I realize I could use them as a low beam. There that good.
They where most likely in the right position, thats how fog lights are supposed to be aimed, they shouldn't be at the level with your low beams lol. On perfectly flat ground while sitting in the driver seat you should just see the top cutoff of the beam pattern end a few inches from your hood as you're sitting in the driver seat.

Unless yours were LITERALLY aimed all the way down in the adjustment screw.

A7xogg

They where most likely in the right position, thats how fog lights are supposed to be aimed, they shouldn't be at the level with your low beams lol. On perfectly flat ground while sitting in the driver seat you should just see the top cutoff of the beam pattern end a few inches from your hood as you're sitting in the driver seat.

Unless yours were LITERALLY aimed all the way down in the adjustment screw.
They literally went like 5 feet. And now they dont

They literally went like 5 feet. And now they dont
Do you remember what you used to aim them? I'm trying to adjust them going in from the engine since I dont feel like taking them out again. I tried to use a flat head but not getting enough torque to turn them. It looks like a ratchet would work but not sure what mm to use

Are any of these bulbs actually brighter? Do you guys know anything about beam angle? Every since I lowered my car I feel like the beam path has been effected and can't see as far out.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are any of these bulbs actually brighter? Do you guys know anything about beam angle? Every since I lowered my car I feel like the beam path has been effected and can't see as far out.
The light is adjustable.

The Baja designs are about 4x brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk