Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used 2016, anyway I can find out if it has been tuned?

Hello all,

I just bought a used 2016 with 10k miles. I was planning on buying the stage 1 Cobb package, But yesterday when I was doing an oil change on the car I saw that there was a Cobb RMM installed already. So I went and checked the air filter and sure enough there was the cobb high flow air filter. So my question, is there anyway I can find out what tune is running without the access port? Could he or she have put the factory tune back on before trading the car in? I will buy a AP regardless. Im not disappointed that i dont have to buy the extra hardware, just that I was expecting that increase in performance in the lower gears that you all describe. I figure I will give the launch control a try tonight to see if that's active. Any thoughts?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It probably has the stock tune. The previous owner probably sold the AP before selling the car, but it would only sell if it was uninstalled/unmarried from the car. When you uninstall the AP it also uninstalls whatever tune you have and puts the stock one on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I just bought a used 2016 with 10k miles. I was planning on buying the stage 1 Cobb package, But yesterday when I was doing an oil change on the car I saw that there was a Cobb RMM installed already. So I went and checked the air filter and sure enough there was the cobb high flow air filter. So my question, is there anyway I can find out what tune is running without the access port? Could he or she have put the factory tune back on before trading the car in? I will buy a AP regardless. Im not disappointed that i dont have to buy the extra hardware, just that I was expecting that increase in performance in the lower gears that you all describe. I figure I will give the launch control a try tonight to see if that's active. Any thoughts?
You're right launch control would tell you if it's stage one. My guess would be it's on the stock map. Unless they left the acessport with the car there would be no reason to leave the tune on. You have to "unmarry" the acessport from the car (unpair and put the stock tune back on) to use it on another car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for quick response. I am going to try and get a used AP on the site, If not ill just order a new one.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
There's a really big Facebook group where you can grab a used AP. It's called Focus ST/RS and Fiesta ST Owners. or something like that. it's the only big ST/RS group that is US-based. you could also try looking for a local group, or eBay if you're really in a rush.

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
No rush, I just got the car.It already feels faster than my old RX-8. Thanks for the info on the Facebook group. Going to go check it out now.