Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on potential setups? Pros/Cons advice welcome.

Hello all, looking to do the setup below and wondering what the general thoughts would be on the options. Car is not a daily driver, but more of a weekend toy to play around in and will not see more than 3K miles a year more than likely. Maybe an auto X or 2 a year, but mostly just spirited driving and some interstate trips thrown in there.

Option #1: Stay with stock struts and just swap out springs to Swift Springs with my 15X8 TD Pro wheels and 205/50 tire (do not have tires yet) or if Eibach springs would be better for my application not opposed to them.

Option #2: Upgrade struts with Koni set all around, swift springs, and same wheel setup.

Hard not to want to upgrade the struts, but due to the minimal mileage the car will see spending the extra $$$ does not really make sense. The thing that pushes me the direction of the new struts is the fact that I have read of people having stock strut leakage issues and would just want to not have to deal with that issue.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
It sounds like it would just come down to a cost-benefit analysis of whether or not the ~$500 addition of struts would be worth it for you. In all honesty, for just some spirited driving/a few autox events, I would probably just keep the stock suspension how it is and look at chassis bracing (I'm not familiar enough with autox to know if that would put you in some weird class however). Unless you're looking for that aesthetics of a drop in ride height. Then probably just some springs would serve you well. It really comes down to whether or not you feel that the ~$500 could be better spent elsewhere on the car (or kept in your piggy-bank).

I take my FiST to the track around 6-7 times a season and still have the stock suspension and actually really like it. It's compliant enough to allow me to bang curbs, but not overly soft to the point that I get a ton of body roll.

Last edited:
OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for you reply and thoughts. Being a little bit lower would be nice especially with the 15's. I am thinking I may just go ahead with the Swift Springs on the stock struts. If I run into problems with the stock struts I will take it from there. I have read of some posts with the stock struts leaking, but it doesn't appear to be all to common at this point in time.

Again open to suggestions or comments.

Thanks

Adding chassis bracing, swapping springs, and the 15" wheels bump you out of SCCA H-street class. The Fiesta is most competitive in the HS class, where you can change very little. You can drop 1" on the wheels, add/remove ONE sway bar, and change shocks/struts as long as they mount to the stock location. Tires are limited to 200TW.

The best money you can spend on this car is in the tires. The stock tires are not sticky at all, and upgrading to a light 16" wheel with a good tire will make the car handle amazing both on and off the track.

adding chassis bracing, swapping springs, and the 15" wheels bump you out of scca h-street class. The fiesta is most competitive in the hs class, where you can change very little. You can drop 1" on the wheels, add/remove one sway bar, and change shocks/struts as long as they mount to the stock location. Tires are limited to 200tw.

The best money you can spend on this car is in the tires. The stock tires are not sticky at all, and upgrading to a light 16" wheel with a good tire will make the car handle amazing both on and off the track.
can i get an aaaaameeeennnn!!!!