Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stoptech BBK installed

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I bought acceljunky's BBK. I'm running OZ Leggenda 17x7 42mm offset wheels with custom 12mm spacers and 205/40-17 RT615K tires and there is plenty of clearance. At least 2-3mm

Wow that looks great! Thanks for posting another option for these. I have the stop-tech's too but with the Rota Grids like accel. They are flawless on track and reeeeaaaally stiffen the pedal up. The structural rigidity of these calipers are insane. You'll really like them if you take them to the track.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Do you mind posting a side shot? I'm interested in seeing your stance with that set up.
I don't have any at the moment. Next time I pull the car out I'll shoot a pic for you.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Wow that looks great! Thanks for posting another option for these. I have the stop-tech's too but with the Rota Grids like accel. They are flawless on track and reeeeaaaally stiffen the pedal up. The structural rigidity of these calipers are insane. You'll really like them if you take them to the track.
They are great indeed. My car is primarily a track car. I wanted something inexpensive other than a Miata, so I chose the FiST. It took some time getting use to FWD and I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but I do enjoy its torque on my small local track. This brake was a necessity for me to go faster.

They are great indeed. My car is primarily a track car. I wanted something inexpensive other than a Miata, so I chose the FiST. It took some time getting use to FWD and I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but I do enjoy its torque on my small local track. This brake was a necessity for me to go faster.
Nice - I wish the FiST was primarily a track car lol. I find the FWD a fun challenge as apposed to RWD (I came from an e30). You need to learn a new set of skills in order to go fast. I've found that running your rear tire pressures high (my Star Specs I set at 40 psi cold in the rear) gives the car nice rotation - but you have to be a little more weary of lift-off oversteer.

That said the stop-techs will serve you well. I have a set of PFC 08's and they worked really well with fade/pedal feel. It might be a bit too much brake pad for this application and I might back it down to something like a G-LOC R8.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Nice - I wish the FiST was primarily a track car lol. I find the FWD a fun challenge as apposed to RWD (I came from an e30). You need to learn a new set of skills in order to go fast. I've found that running your rear tire pressures high (my Star Specs I set at 40 psi cold in the rear) gives the car nice rotation - but you have to be a little more weary of lift-off oversteer.

That said the stop-techs will serve you well. I have a set of PFC 08's and they worked really well with fade/pedal feel. It might be a bit too much brake pad for this application and I might back it down to something like a G-LOC R8.
I'm not familiar with the pads you mentioned. @acceljunky used the pads that came with Stoptechs at a couple of track events without issue. He's harder on brakes than me. There is more than 1/2 the pad left too, which is impressive. I used Carbotech XP10s on another car and loved them. If I can get away with Stoptech's pads I'll save a ton of cash. I tend to stick with what I found works. I've never had a single issue with Carbotech. They're worth every penny.

One thing I noticed is, initial bite isn't near as aggressive as my OEM '14 pads. I kinda miss that but it makes since. These brakes need a little more heat in them before they grab. I feel like I can damn near endo this car when they're hot. The tire/brake combo is acceptable now.

I'd like a LSD and more power at the top of 3rd and 4th, without losing stock torque down low, but I already have a lot of mod money dumped into my "inexpensive" track car. The reality is, this car will never be as fast as a similarly modded (or maybe stock) STI, RS, GolfR on track, but its consumables are far less expensive and it's a shitload of fun to drive. If I'm passing Miatas I'm happy. Brakes were a big issue for me. As soon as I couldn't trust the stock setup, I slowed down. I wasn't enjoying the car as much. It's a mental thing after crashing a supermoto from brake loss long ago. I considered AP Racing custom Wilwood, and Brembo but my buddy hooked me up with these at a fantastic price. It sucks he's unloading his Fiesta though. There's just a few of us on track here.

I'm not familiar with the pads you mentioned. @acceljunky used the pads that came with Stoptechs at a couple of track events without issue. He's harder on brakes than me. There is more than 1/2 the pad left too, which is impressive. I used Carbotech XP10s on another car and loved them. If I can get away with Stoptech's pads I'll save a ton of cash. I tend to stick with what I found works. I've never had a single issue with Carbotech. They're worth every penny.

One thing I noticed is, initial bite isn't near as aggressive as my OEM '14 pads. I kinda miss that but it makes since. These brakes need a little more heat in them before they grab. I feel like I can damn near endo this car when they're hot. The tire/brake combo is acceptable now.

I'd like a LSD and more power at the top of 3rd and 4th, without losing stock torque down low, but I already have a lot of mod money dumped into my "inexpensive" track car. The reality is, this car will never be as fast as a similarly modded (or maybe stock) STI, RS, GolfR on track, but its consumables are far less expensive and it's a shitload of fun to drive. If I'm passing Miatas I'm happy. Brakes were a big issue for me. As soon as I couldn't trust the stock setup, I slowed down. I wasn't enjoying the car as much. It's a mental thing after crashing a supermoto from brake loss long ago. I considered AP Racing custom Wilwood, and Brembo but my buddy hooked me up with these at a fantastic price. It sucks he's unloading his Fiesta though. There's just a few of us on track here.
G-Loc is kinda a spin off of Carbotech - its the same people who started Carbotech, just at a different company. Performance Friction (PFC) pads are great as well. Very rotor friendly and have great pad longevity. The tracks around me are all super fast (the Glen in particular) and I found that the pads that came with the kit just didn't cut it (started to fade after ~15 min of hard use), but admittedly I'm very demanding of my brakes.

I also found that until the brakes have a few good stops in them, the mu isn't as high as the stock brakes. Probably due to pad compound.

Yeah I think an LSD is in my future, but we'll see. It's definitely slow car fast driving once you hit 3rd 4th 5th gear. A hybrid turbo would probably solve that, but I'm not sure I want to even think about going that route however tempting it may be. Who knows.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's cool that the ST kit works with the Leggendas, even if it requires spacers. [thumb] [cool]

I WISH that OZed made those wheels in 16" for us, as I would definitely get them for winter/working rallies use!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I really need a real f'n camera

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
It's cool that the ST kit works with the Leggendas, even if it requires spacers. [thumb] [cool]

I WISH that OZed made those wheels in 16" for us, as I would definitely get them for winter/working rallies use!
These wheels are incredibly strong. Our roads here suck. Bad. I've bottomed out multiple times with no ill effect.

I'd rather not change the dynamics of the car, but spacers don't bother me. In this case, I like the way it drives more with them than without. However, I wouldn't run generic eBay spacers or the kind that has lugs built into them... I had these made to my specs by a competent shop in Reno and installed ARP extended studs for good measure. I checked the torque a few times and all is good. I need to jump on track soon.