Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meet Egg - 100% Daily

Very much like a deviled egg, waiting to burst out of its shell. Round and unassuming outer appearance, but a rumbling center waiting to explode.

Egg is
  • my daily driver
  • my first car bought from a dealer
  • my first car purchased new
  • going to break my bank substantially
  • egg

While I like the idea of making Egg a full blown track car, I can't afford a track car of this much value. My 2 other cars are track cars.
While I also like the idea of making Egg a lightly modified AX warrior, I know that once it starts, it doesn't stop.. "lightly" isn't really a thing.

Being stuck with an amazing vehicle that has great power/weight ratio, handles amazingly, and engages the driver spiritedly this much will be an incredible challenge NOT to modify.

Thus, at 968 miles, in accompaniment with my first break in oil change, I also installed the following:
  • Cobb AP3 Stage 1 93 Oct
  • Throttle Pedal Shim - for improved heeltoe
  • Removed the drilled front plate and installed plugs

So indeed it appears that this challenge will be more difficult than even estimated. We will call this build thread unofficially, "Things I really can't afford but still choose to purchase"

I really do intend on keeping the car unmodified on the exterior. I have no intention of upgrading the intercooler, or turbo, or injectors, fuel pump, etc. I don't need a fat blowoff sound, I get that from my Boosted NA. However, I *may* go for the E30 stratified tune. I am pretty impressed at the software modifications that increase power on these modern vehicles. My '94 Miata is run on a Megasquirt DIY ECU, which offers greater flexibility at the cost of defined functionality, for most applications.

Anyways, I'll post my progress here as best as I can, mainly to document it for myself but also for any others that might also be interested.

I am horrible at taking pictures "in the moment" so this thread will not have the most documented modifications, but I try to explain any unusual happenings in my experience should it provide help to the next to do so.

That said, here is a photo of the car undergoing maintenance.

Bonus photo of the very crowded driveway

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Welcome!!

Been considering grabbing some stands like those as well...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
You know I had been on the fence about them for years. They are expensive; the majority of my tools come from good ol' H.F. But I had been wanting ramps for a long time, mainly for my NA.. the process to raise it involves using a scissor jack to raise it up high enough to fit the aforementioned "low-profile" hydraulic jack beneath it. When I started looking into ramps I found that most were either too much of an incline to ever work on my car, or deemed too much of a safety hazard for me to comfortably purchase. Well I found these several years back and didn't buy them because they are so expensive. I wish I had gotten them sooner, this last oil change was a breeze. I've used ramps in the past, mainly on trucks, family vans, sedans, etc. Most of those had a very steep incline, and the design didn't inspire much confidence either. These ramps are great, but I still put another jack stand underneath each side.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Well I found these several years back and didn't buy them because they are so expensive. I wish I had gotten them sooner, this last oil change was a breeze. I've used ramps in the past, mainly on trucks, family vans, sedans, etc. Most of those had a very steep incline, and the design didn't inspire much confidence either. These ramps are great, but I still put another jack stand underneath each side.
Which ramp did you get? Do you also use wheel chocks on the rear wheels?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
I got the 2 piece 56" ramps. Yes still use wheel chocks. The festiva is an apex grinder, but with only ~75HP it isn't the fastest festiva. Engine swaps are common but I have my boosted NA for those grins. The Festiva is amazing but I can't entirely justify owning it, aside from the dirt poor price. It's been worked out for tight track use, even go kart tracks. Haha all of my cars are very go kart like

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If you're considering a tune, you'll definitely want an intercooler. The stock intercooler is hardly good enough for a stock car.

Good luck not modding šŸ˜Š

you have the AP, might as well go one step further and get the intercooler and custom tune.
oh and while you are under there replace the RMM, it is under designed from the factory.
And the list goes on LOL.

Welcome

Welcome, sir! Saw this picture on Reddit a while back, was wondering if I spotted an intercooler hiding in that NA ;)

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Welcome, sir! Saw this picture on Reddit a while back, was wondering if I spotted an intercooler hiding in that NA ;)
Yep, sure is! <1lb pressure drop through this IC.
Any data relating to that for the aftermarket Fiesta ICs?

I installed my throttle pedal extender shim to help w/ heel-toe but I am still having to depress the brake WAY too much before my heel even begins to contact the throttle pedal. Any suggestions to this?

Also, is there a list of items to best log for on the AP3? I don't know what a lot of the items are on the list, and accidentally unchecked them all on the AP3 while trying to configure the gauges. No return to default from what I can tell.

Went for a nice spirited run yesterday with my buddy in his MS3. Very fun! Really getting on it now that I've changed out the break in oil.
On my way back.. got my first vehicle damage.. less than a month into ownership. Rock flew out of dump truck and defied physics, flying 2 lanes horizontal to the wind flow and movement and smacked my windshield down low. Just a small faint clam shell, but damn it hurt!

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
Just wanted to post an update.

Additions:
Rally armor mudflaps
2" shorty antenna
Stratified e30 tune
Gas pedal spacer
Stainless dead pedal plate

Upcoming mods:
St200 airbox
Rota slips with re71r

News/updates:
5k miles, switched over to fully synthetic
E30 is effing awesome
Got 1st place in novive autoX, graduating to HS

Questions:
For HS, is there an accessport tune that reflects the stock tune? Ex. Stage 0? Or do i need to revert and unmarry the AP?

And for HS, is the st200 airbox allowed being that it is a stock part for the fiesta?

Miata is undergoing a 6 speed swap currently