Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A new enthusiast

Hi all!

I wanted to introduce myself after being a long time lurker. I recently purchased a 14' Molten Orange FiSt with sunroof and nav, regretfully without recaros. I purchased my FiSt at a local ford dealership in back in May with 35,000 on the clock for $14,900. I currently drive the car 75 miles one way to work so I've been racking the miles up quite fast, currently at 47,000 miles. A week ago I installed a cobb AP with a stratified flash tune. Can't express enough how awesome the car is to drive, even at 150 miles each day. I absolutely love this car but it has already given me some issues. I brought my car to my local ford dealer for it's first service, turns out it needed new tires and brakes. Frustrated by the news I decided I would replace the brakes myself and get to the tires when I could afford it. Attempted to replace the rear pads to find out the dealership rounded my lugs off, took some ingenuity but I got them off and the job done. A week later I had an issue where the car wouldn't go into any of the bottom row gears. Although I panicked and called the dealership, I was determined to figure out what was wrong before I drove it up there in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. I started by taking the console apart thinking maybe the shifter linkage popped off. Turns out everything was in working order, so I went to the transmission side to see if the linkage popped off there. Turns out the plastic cover for the positive battery terminal snapped off and was wedged in between the shift linkage. Today I had to replace all 4 tires due to a nasty vibration from potholes bubbling out the sidewalls. Other than that I look forward to making this car something unique as I have with my previous builds.

fiesta.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Prior to my FiSt owner ship I had a plethora of other cars including 00 Ek hatch with a GSR swap (where my love for hot hatches began) and my most recent money pit/ex daily, a 2011 Kizashi AWD. I pretty much built the car from scratch being that no aftermarket community exists for them. I built a full coilover setup for, bent and welded a custom exhaust, hydrodipped engine accessories, 10 different wheel setups, and a bunch of tidbits. I was heavily into stance shows, etc.. back then but have since found more love in driving a car quick without having to worry about replacing another oil pan or the constant aches of being low. That said my FiSt probably wont ever find itself lower than springs will allow for the sake of risking function.

Here are some pics of my old ride

kiz1.jpg

kiz2.JPG

kiz.JPG

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
Haha the goal was just to be as different as possible. Those wheels were uber rare as well. 1 of 2 sets in the US and 1 of 5 every produced