Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Laguna Seca 90 Db limit- anyone run it with other then stock exhaust?

codestp202

Hey guys,

Will be going to Laguna soon on a 90 Db day. I had absolutely no worries about sound as my car is still very quiet with the Cobb catback, but our event organizer kind of scared me with their email they just sent out. The Cobb cat back will be the only mod changing sound levels. There are definitely stock performance cars that are louder. Seeing as the sound booth is something like 50-100ft from the actual track I should be okay.

Does anyone have definitive info on our cars at Laguna besides stock exhausts? I found one guy on youtube running a 2JR downpipe and exhaust, not sure how that stacks up to the Cobb.

Thanks,
-COdy

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm an SCCA sound marshal and can tell you that 90db at 50' is freaking loud! I flagged an Acura TL touring car that was 93db at the meter (50' from the edge of the track) and it was painful another ~ 50' away where I was sitting. I doubt that anything throwing 90db at 50' can be driven without ear plugs.

That being said, I don't have any definitive information regard the FiST - the only time I saw a FiST at an HPDE day it was the one I was in.

Have fun at Laguna - awesome track!

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #3
I'm an SCCA sound marshal and can tell you that 90db at 50' is freaking loud! I flagged an Acura TL touring car that was 93db at the meter (50' from the edge of the track) and it was painful another ~ 50' away where I was sitting. I doubt that anything throwing 90db at 50' can be driven without ear plugs.

That being said, I don't have any definitive information regard the FiST - the only time I saw a FiST at an HPDE day it was the one I was in.

Have fun at Laguna - awesome track!
Very good info. I have a very hard time believing my car would do 90db at 50 ft away. I know my Street Triple R with a Competition Werkes exhaust will blow 104 when you are standing right next to it, and my car is on a different planet of quieter then that lol.

Thanks!!

I've never attempted to drive on Laguna but lots of track heads say they would kick me off the property with how loud my car is...

People were saying I have zero chance of passing sound levels at Laguna, they said my turbo spool would get me kicked out... lol