Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headunit upgrade

Looking to upgrade my stock Sony deck.. I have already replaced all the stock speakers with Memphis components and running a JL Audio 10" W6 WITH two Fosgate amps.. has any upgraded the headunit? If so where did you gets the dash panel etc from? Also, can you fit a double din?

OP
JayzC
Thread Starter #2
Guess nobody knows... lol

antarctica24

Looking to upgrade my stock Sony deck.. I have already replaced all the stock speakers with Memphis components and running a JL Audio 10" W6 WITH two Fosgate amps.. has any upgraded the headunit? If so where did you gets the dash panel etc from? Also, can you fit a double din?
Go check out my thread on Competition Stereo Install, I have swapped the Sony deck for an Alpine. It was not easy, and It was not cheap. however and but, I have given it some thought and think I have a better way to go about it. There is cutting involved either way and there is no way around that. But I have pictures of the Alpine in my dash. I paused on the install to get my MRX turbo installed. So I am about ready to start on the stereo again. I have to buy something for the router that will allow me to make something different for the radio mount. Once I have that made i will be posting pictures. I am basically going to mount it in the space where the little window was. You could just mount a 7" screen unit there if you wanted to, but I am sticking with my Alpine.

OP
JayzC
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your response.. I really thought I was the only one that has ever contemplated doing so.. I will check it out. Thanks again.

OP
JayzC
Thread Starter #5
Did you buy a new dash piece to fit the alpine? If so where did you get it At? Guess I should check your install out first.. lol. I really appreciate your guys response.. I was going crazy..

antarctica24

Did you buy a new dash piece to fit the alpine? If so where did you get it At? Guess I should check your install out first.. lol. I really appreciate your guys response.. I was going crazy..
Installing the alpine the way I did it the first time required using the Metra kit to put the radio where the cd slot was on the factory radio but it required cutting some bracing out including removing some bracing for the factory screen because the hood that goes over the area where the screen was had to be replaced by a hood from a 2011 fiesta.

As everyone has said they don’t like the Metra kit it does not make an exact fit. So I have rethought the install and I am going to install the radio in the top portion where the screen was with a custom kit that I am making.

Then I’m going to put the factory panel with the radio controls and vents back in the car.

I bought an extra sleeve from alpine for the radio to make the kit.

The Metra kit does not work with the factory hood. The hood as I am calling it is the piece that goes on the top of the dash. The Metra kit was designed to work with the standard fiesta without a screen so that’s why you have to get one out of a older fiesta and the hood doesn’t mount in the st because of the screen so you have to cut out a lot of that screen bracing to make it go back in there but when you remove the bracing the older fiesta hood snaps right in.

I believe based on what I’m doing now you could install something with a screen provided you were willing to do the work for the custom kit. With that being said once you remove all that bracings anything will go if you make a custom kit.

If your curious to make a custom kit for a din size radio you just need a sleeve or dash kit and then you use some wood to make a box around the sleeve and cut where you want it to go then fiberglass and bondo sand, paint and your good to go.

If you want to do a double din get a dash kit modify make some bracing attach to dash fiberglass bondo sand paint done.

I’ll post pictures when I’m don’t with the custom kit in the next couple of weeks.

Hope that helps
If you have any questions let me know.