Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

I did some digging for part numbers tied to the APIM module that determines sync version and features.

This might be helpful for everyone.

Okay found some more info. It appears like the number that matters that will determine if it is Nav equipped or not is on the back of the APIM module that is attached to the screen.

Doesnt the 2017 fist have rear view cam? i wonder if it can also be implemented? mmm [confused]

Should be able to do it. It will require re-programming via ForSCAN. Once I receive the screen I ordered, if it is the correct part..., I will see if I can find what it will take to enable it.

I wish car-part.com was easier to use. Keeping my eye out for the swap, but never clear if I'm looking at the right parts lol.

Did you grabbed a file somewhere or is it updating automatically OTA with a wifi?
i went to the RS forums but didn't find anything files there, the links where dead
I tried to allow it to update over wifi but it did not appear to be doing anything. My wife's Escape was the same way, didn't want to do anything on wifi, her Escape came with Sync 3.

There is a whole thread on updating Sync 3 on this forum: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Auto-and-AppleCarPlay-(download-links-inside)

I had success updating non-nav to 3.0.

Here is a Google Drive mirror of the update files for Sync 3 - Verison 3.0.17276 - NON NAV
Download Here

Last edited:

felopr

I am wondering if all 2016+ ford fiesta that come with 6.5inch screens are sync 3 and can be used, can someone confirm this

Tried calling LKQ, ordered a screen and it was just that a screen, no apim module. When I called up and inquired they said it's a "computer module". Yeah I laughed but they couldn't even give me that part #. Those who bought from LKQ.. what did you say to ensure the apim was included?

Tried calling LKQ, ordered a screen and it was just that a screen, no apim module. When I called up and inquired they said it's a "computer module". Yeah I laughed but they couldn't even give me that part #. Those who bought from LKQ.. what did you say to ensure the apim was included?
I bought from LKQ, I mentioned to the guy I spoke with that I feared it would just be the screen. He re-assured me that if there was a computer module on the back of the screen, that they would not remove it. He could not provide me with pictures or any part numbers either. When I received it, it indeed had the APIM module attached to the screen.

I bought from LKQ, I mentioned to the guy I spoke with that I feared it would just be the screen. He re-assured me that if there was a computer module on the back of the screen, that they would not remove it. He could not provide me with pictures or any part numbers either. When I received it, it indeed had the APIM module attached to the screen.
When they asked you what ID for your car what did you tell them? They ended up giving me the screen and now i"m being told that the"computer" <-- their term is separate but couldn't price it for me.

Gonna try calling them back up.

When they asked you what ID for your car what did you tell them? They ended up giving me the screen and now i"m being told that the"computer" <-- their term is separate but couldn't price it for me.

Gonna try calling them back up.
I found the part I needed via car-part.com

When I called into LKQ I gave them the stock number that is listed on car-part.com and they didn't ask me about my car. If they do ask you would want to tell them it is going in a '16+ Fiesta with 6.5" display.

I think someone is picking up on what we are doing here and is going to start selling these. The amount of screens listed via car-part.com is significantly lower than when I purchased mine.

I think someone is picking up on what we are doing here and is going to start selling these. The amount of screens listed via car-part.com is significantly lower than when I purchased mine.
Agreed. LKQ made it sound like they're separate but couldn't tell me what the apim # was for the screen. Furthermore every dealer at car-parts.com has said the module was removed.

Placed a second order today from a local LKQ business. Much friendlier and at least this unit appears to be 6.5" w/Sony Brand. Amused the agent didn't ask any additional information outside of make/model/yr and we confirmed the lot #. So now we wait and see.

Nickle and dime costs for the carplay hub and pigtail adapter was an extra $70 easy off ebay. not thrilled about that but oh well. My luck the next unit will have everything with it... so I play the return game.

Last edited:
My question is what are they doing after they separate them? I see a lot of screens but never both or just the APIM.