Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

Need to make some changes in Forscan. Think I lost ESC off button and not finding hill assist in the menu along with mykey.

EasyBlu can you verify mykey/hillassist are in your sync3?
Makes sense you cannot find hill assist. It is specifically for a manual trans. The escape is automatic.

Makes sense you cannot find hill assist. It is specifically for a manual trans. The escape is automatic.
Pretty confident this is just a change in the APIM settings. Not worried just looking at points of reference. I may load the AB file for a fiesta st into this still. Overall still enjoying the sync3.

I'm sure it is there, just turned off. I would almost say that loading the fiesta files would work, but I would be a little hesitant to load the files from sync 2 fiesta to a sync 3 system. I am jealous to say the least. I wish these things were a little more abundant at a decent price.

I'm sure it is there, just turned off. I would almost say that loading the fiesta files would work, but I would be a little hesitant to load the files from sync 2 fiesta to a sync 3 system. I am jealous to say the least. I wish these things were a little more abundant at a decent price.
You can get as-built (AB) files from ford if you have the VIN.. I just so happened to pull a VIN from a 2016 FIST with recaro seats.

Gents:

As of today I've reprogrammed my apim for fiesta st based on as built settings. Everything works and I've also been able to remove the sirius xm option (i hate that). Will probably mess with any other hidden features.

That is very good to hear. This opens up other options other than looking for fiesta specific modules. I do have a question though. You are saying that the SYNC 2 screen will not work with the SYNC 3 module?

The Sync3 apim uses a different screen altogether. Easily identified as having a power connector on the side vs the sync2 which is right in the middle.

Sync3 update:

Android Auto works fine with the old USB Hub. If you're not an apple user I'd suggest holding off on the $70 extra cost. No reason to make that purchase if you don't have to.

So if you're buying a F150/Escape APIM it will work initially but not really well. You need to go to

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt , find a VIN number for a Fiesta ST that has your package offering (recaro seats etc)

Couple I used: 3FADP4GX0GM123415, 3FADP4GX5GM108358, 3FADP4GX9GM127186

Download the AB file. Then use Forscan + ELM327 that has MS/CAN HS/CAN switch to program this module only. You'll be loading the values from file , then merely write to it.

For a review of how to use Forscan this is a great document. WARNING**** If you're uncomfortable with this then please spend the extra money to have someone else . You always run the risk of bricking your module APIM or any other one if you're writing to the device and your laptop goes dead, battery etc. When I did this I had to keep a charger on my car to keep the battery above the required voltage for the car.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

So if you want to try junkers for Fiesta ST like LKQ i wish you all the best. Instead I went the route of sourcing the screen and apim separately.

You can get the screen from LKQ for $112+shipping which is a good deal. Especially if they give you the power cable that connects to the APIM. Otherwise that's $35-40 extra. Next is the APIM which you can find on ebay for about $200-250 depending on seller.

I'm still working on whether these units have NAV which is my next step so I'll update as I know more. best of luck, happy holidays!

So you need the extra gps fakra for the compass. You'll never know unless you check in Forscan but you'll have DTC errors about open connection on the GPS antenna. $12 is simple enough to resolve. Also I attempted to reconfigure my APIM for NAV. The menus options were there but received a hardware error so it must be true that these are physically different devices. Would love to find someone who has with nav and ask them to take apart and take pictures.

Ordered one for $122 shipped with tax. They sent me pics and it looks like everything. From a wrecked 2017 fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost. Going into my 14 so hopefully everything is plug and play.

Sync3 update:
So if you're buying a F150/Escape APIM it will work initially but not really well. You need to go to
You dont by chance have the PN for the APIM you used, do you? think i may go your route. can not find any direct from fiesta's. they are not getting wrecked, or someone is buying them up.

Got it install and it works great! Updated to 2.3 software. I just need to flash my as built configuration. No hill hold assist and the esc has no fully off.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Reposting from an older thread... Thanks to [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] for the write up...

Just upgraded my 2015 with a screen and APIM from a wrecked 2016. This turned out to be a NAV unit (didn't really want it as I was planning on using Android Auto for this - and that was the primary driver for the upgrade), so I bought a GPS sensor with a Fakra connection to avoid staring at some Michigan map (that's where the donor car was). Direct remove and replace job, nothing more - unbolt four fasteners, disconnect a couple of things and - voila! Even better news is that the OEM USB module works - so, no need to mess with anything else. The screen/APIM did come with a Sync 3 1.0 software, so I had to look for the 2.3 zip files (as the Ford's owner site has been throwing up a "system error" for quite some time, it appears); after upgrading via a USB 2.0 flash drive I am now having a Sync 3 screen with AA capabilities for $375 shipped. There are some mild issues - an occasional message saying that the USB module "is not supported and needs to be removed", but then it comes to its senses and all is right in the world. The hardest part was sourcing of the 6.5" screen/APIM combo from a 2016 - not many of those around, and some junk yard dealers have strange hang-ups about shipping electronics.

I read somewhere that the error is because it doesn't like the old USB ports in the arm rest. Although they still work fine.

I'm going to keep looking for a unit with nav. Other than that mine works great. I have the gospel antenna to hook up so the compass will work. Also need to wire up a back up cam.

Reposting from an older thread... Thanks to [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] for the write up...

Just upgraded my 2015 with a screen and APIM from a wrecked 2016. This turned out to be a NAV unit (didn't really want it as I was planning on using Android Auto for this - and that was the primary driver for the upgrade), so I bought a GPS sensor with a Fakra connection to avoid staring at some Michigan map (that's where the donor car was). Direct remove and replace job, nothing more - unbolt four fasteners, disconnect a couple of things and - voila! Even better news is that the OEM USB module works - so, no need to mess with anything else. The screen/APIM did come with a Sync 3 1.0 software, so I had to look for the 2.3 zip files (as the Ford's owner site has been throwing up a "system error" for quite some time, it appears); after upgrading via a USB 2.0 flash drive I am now having a Sync 3 screen with AA capabilities for $375 shipped. There are some mild issues - an occasional message saying that the USB module "is not supported and needs to be removed", but then it comes to its senses and all is right in the world. The hardest part was sourcing of the 6.5" screen/APIM combo from a 2016 - not many of those around, and some junk yard dealers have strange hang-ups about shipping electronics.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I read somewhere that the error is because it doesn't like the old USB ports in the arm rest. Although they still work fine.

I'm going to keep looking for a unit with nav. Other than that mine works great. I have the gospel antenna to hook up so the compass will work. Also need to wire up a back up cam.
I bought a generic one, so that I could have full functionality in the factory NAV. People have tucked these under the plastic cover - I wonder if it blocks the signal?

I am also going to put in a back up camera - was just grinding thru pages and pages on this forum. A $250 kit with harness is the simplest way to go - if you want to integrate it with the screen, but who wants the easy way?? I am going to go the Forscan route - because I am also going to put in a Kicker sub and a JBL amp, so Forscan could come in handy removing some of the head unit restrictions.

I bought a generic one, so that I could have full functionality in the factory NAV. People have tucked these under the plastic cover - I wonder if it blocks the signal?

I am also going to put in a back up camera - was just grinding thru pages and pages on this forum. A $250 kit with harness is the simplest way to go - if you want to integrate it with the screen, but who wants the easy way?? I am going to go the Forscan route - because I am also going to put in a Kicker sub and a JBL amp, so Forscan could come in handy removing some of the head unit restrictions.

I have the $20 back up cam that replace the hatch release handle. Seems to be well liked. Also grabbed the 4d premade harness. So $80 for the back up cam!

Just got the gps receiver yesterday. Plan is to leave it under the cover up front. Should be good enough just for the compass.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I have the $20 back up cam that replace the hatch release handle. Seems to be well liked. Also grabbed the 4d premade harness. So $80 for the back up cam!

Just got the gps receiver yesterday. Plan is to leave it under the cover up front. Should be good enough just for the compass.
Hmm... I have hooked up the antenna to the only logical spot on the Sync 3 APIM, but it still thinks that it is in Maryland, rather than Houston. Does it take awhile for it to latch on to the satellites or what? The Fakra connector has a "latch" on it, but my APIM only has the round "coaxial" connector. Am I missing something?

Sync3 update:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt , find a VIN number for a Fiesta ST that has your package offering (recaro seats etc)

Couple I used: 3FADP4GX0GM123415, 3FADP4GX5GM108358, 3FADP4GX9GM127186

Download the AB file. Then use Forscan + ELM327 that has MS/CAN HS/CAN switch to program this module only. You'll be loading the values from file , then merely write to it.
Can I use my VIN number or does it have to be a VIN of Fiesta ST with Sync3? I was wondering if hill assist would work if I used my original VIN number.

My wife wants me to do the same for her 2013 Edge but those did not come with Sync3 so it might not be that easy. Answer for the above question would help me with that. Any info would be appreciated.

Can I use my VIN number or does it have to be a VIN of Fiesta ST with Sync3? I was wondering if hill assist would work if I used my original VIN number.

My wife wants me to do the same for her 2013 Edge but those did not come with Sync3 so it might not be that easy. Answer for the above question would help me with that. Any info would be appreciated.
Friend of mine used his VIN from his car and said it worked fine (Focus ST) when he ordered a F150 APIM/Unit to program it with the As Built. I suspect that will be fine.

Hmm... I have hooked up the antenna to the only logical spot on the Sync 3 APIM, but it still thinks that it is in Maryland, rather than Houston. Does it take awhile for it to latch on to the satellites or what? The Fakra connector has a "latch" on it, but my APIM only has the round "coaxial" connector. Am I missing something?
Unsure, pics? I presume you have the Sync3 APIM that has Nav on it already?