Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

I have the $20 back up cam that replace the hatch release handle. Seems to be well liked. Also grabbed the 4d premade harness. So $80 for the back up cam!

Just got the gps receiver yesterday. Plan is to leave it under the cover up front. Should be good enough just for the compass.
What premade harness? I'm wiring my backup cam in this weekend if the pin connectors come in. Same deal with the handle/latch cam. Looks great but a tight fit.

Got it install and it works great! Updated to 2.3 software. I just need to flash my as built configuration. No hill hold assist and the esc has no fully off.
Use your VIN for the ASBuilt and you'll be fine. Works like a charm. I also removed the sirius XM , changed the boot screen to show ST and the background colors for LIncoln gold.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Unsure, pics? I presume you have the Sync3 APIM that has Nav on it already?
There's only one spot where I could see the antenna could fit - a coaxial looking connection in the upper corner of the APIM. To answer your question - it is a Sync 3 with Nav.

What I don't understand is what the issue may be. In non-Nav Sync 2 I replaced, the GPS module is located on the windshield, under a rectangular black cover - and it would at least show the coordinates of "Where am I" on MFT. And, the harness from Sync 2 hooks in Sync 3 with no issues.

Apparently, on 2016 FiST, there's no antenna on the windshield, and it is instead somewhere under the dash, with the connection ostensibly being this coaxial thing.

It is running the latest Sync 3 2.3 software.

So, unclear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
What premade harness? I'm wiring my backup cam in this weekend if the pin connectors come in. Same deal with the handle/latch cam. Looks great but a tight fit.
4DTech sells one - so you don't have to futz with the pins to hook up the video feed. It has an RCA jack.

There's only one spot where I could see the antenna could fit - a coaxial looking connection in the upper corner of the APIM. To answer your question - it is a Sync 3 with Nav.

What I don't understand is what the issue may be. In non-Nav Sync 2 I replaced, the GPS module is located on the windshield, under a rectangular black cover - and it would at least show the coordinates of "Where am I" on MFT. And, the harness from Sync 2 hooks in Sync 3 with no issues.

Apparently, on 2016 FiST, there's no antenna on the windshield, and it is instead somewhere under the dash, with the connection ostensibly being this coaxial thing.

It is running the latest Sync 3 2.3 software.

So, unclear.

I hooked up the GPS receiver I bought off Amazon today. Plugs into the upper corner or the apim. The compass on the home screen now works while the car is moving.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I hooked up the GPS receiver I bought off Amazon today. Plugs into the upper corner or the apim. The compass on the home screen now works while the car is moving.
Could you send me the link? Maybe what I got is a wrong kind??

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Ditto. Didn't even double side it.. tossed it to the front called it good.
I am getting concerned. I looked at the one that I got is not all that different from the one you used - which I did buy as well, by the way. Unless I got a bad one - or there are some minor differences that make it not work, I am starting to wonder if the APIM has an issue... Again, not the end of the world, but since I have a NAV unit, I'd prefer to have full available functionality, even if I am not planning on using it - as I want to use AA.

Just to clarify, I bought everything including an APIM which i need to load for my car. Should I use an AsBuilt file from a 2016+ ST with SYNC 3 and similar options or the AsBuilt file from my 2015 VIN?

Hey guys i buy apim Sync3 GB5T-14G371-BFC i want know if have navii ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Just to clarify, I bought everything including an APIM which i need to load for my car. Should I use an AsBuilt file from a 2016+ ST with SYNC 3 and similar options or the AsBuilt file from my 2015 VIN?
What are you asking? Is this for an upgrade to 2.3? If so, then it doesn't matter what the VIN/MY is - download the appropriate file and install. As to whether or not you have an NAV APIM or not, the easiest way is to connect it to the existing harness and see if you have a map displayed on the screen. To be clear - you will need a 2016+ VIN to download the ZIP file from the Ford's site; otherwise, poke around this forum and you should be able to find links to both NAV and non-NAV files.

What are you asking? Is this for an upgrade to 2.3? If so, then it doesn't matter what the VIN/MY is - download the appropriate file and install. As to whether or not you have an NAV APIM or not, the easiest way is to connect it to the existing harness and see if you have a map displayed on the screen. To be clear - you will need a 2016+ VIN to download the ZIP file from the Ford's site; otherwise, poke around this forum and you should be able to find links to both NAV and non-NAV files.
Sorry, should have been more clear. The APIM is not for a Fiesta, so I need to use ForScan to load the apropriate AsBuilt file. I was wondering what Vin to use for that. After that, I was going to upgrade the HU to 2.3 for the Zip.

Thanks,

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Sorry, should have been more clear. The APIM is not for a Fiesta, so I need to use ForScan to load the apropriate AsBuilt file. I was wondering what Vin to use for that. After that, I was going to upgrade the HU to 2.3 for the Zip.

Thanks,
If I were to guess, I'd start with the 2015, just to see if it works. Do you have any functionality if you hook it in as-is? I have a 2016 APIM transplant in my 2015, and it doesn't periodically like the USB module - meaning that it throws up an error, but then works fine.

If I were to guess, I'd start with the 2015, just to see if it works. Do you have any functionality if you hook it in as-is? I have a 2016 APIM transplant in my 2015, and it doesn't periodically like the USB module - meaning that it throws up an error, but then works fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL
Gents, you can use your vin from your car to generate the as built file. From there you should be able to flash that to your apim.

Whether it has nav you should plug it in first and check before programming, otherwise if you didn't have nav before you'll definitely want to use a different vin that had nav included otherwise it'll be missing.

Gents, you can use your vin from your car to generate the as built file. From there you should be able to flash that to your apim.

Whether it has nav you should plug it in first and check before programming, otherwise if you didn't have nav before you'll definitely want to use a different vin that had nav included otherwise it'll be missing.
Awesome, thanks.

I'm just waiting on a Sync 3 APIM -> Display cable. Once I receive it, I will download my 15's AB file and load/write it into the new Sync 3 APIM with Forscan.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Awesome, thanks.

I'm just waiting on a Sync 3 APIM -> Display cable. Once I receive it, I will download my 15's AB file and load/write it into the new Sync 3 APIM with Forscan.
This would be tricky for me - as I have the non-NAV 2015 with a NAV Sync 3 screen and APIM from a 2016 donor... I am curious about whether I could get some of the intermittent USB error message sorted out if I changed some of the codes.

This would be tricky for me - as I have the non-NAV 2015 with a NAV Sync 3 screen and APIM from a 2016 donor... I am curious about whether I could get some of the intermittent USB error message sorted out if I changed some of the codes.

If that's the case you need to find a VIN for a car (ST)that has nav and all your options. Shouldn't be hard to find online, just look for used online that offer vin and do a search lookup against it. Once you find it just use that for your as built and you'll be back on the road in no time!