Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used Cobb AP with various tunes question

Hi guys

I just bought a used AP and I connected it to the manager software. It has tunes from mountune ,stratified and cobb. So my question is should I even bother with any of those tunes? All I have in my car is the cobb high flow filter and RMM. This is the screen shot so you can see what I have installed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You could contact stratified and give them the order number and see what he put as mods for the tune....if they closely resemble yours I'd say roll the tune....watch Ign.. Correction.....knock.....and wideband for fuel leaning.....record and maybe get a retune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DEss

Hi guys

I just bought a used AP and I connected it to the manager software. It has tunes from mountune ,stratified and cobb. So my question is should I even bother with any of those tunes? All I have in my car is the cobb high flow filter and RMM. This is the screen shot so you can see what I have installed.
Could be a custom tune, as it's at version 3 and 8.

Can always ask Ben if some are ots flash tunes, what mods he had, and what fuel the tunes were for. If it's in line with what you have, and if you can get the same fuel, then might be worth a look. If not, then run the latest cobb maps and wait til you have the same mods and fuel to give em a try.

So I am getting ready to sell my AP and I have a Strat tune on there that I bought and ordered so I know what it's for. To piggy back on the OP's if I sold the AP with the tune, the tune itself is linked to the device correct? so the next owner could utilize the map if they had the same or similar mods? (Cobb Intake/Cobb Intercooler). I keep seeing conflicting information.

Thanks!

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
Yes the tunes stay on the device. I can load up the Montune tune if i wanted to. I know this cause I did went ahead and flashed it on. But to play it safe I went back to the cobb off the shelf tune.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I am getting ready to sell my AP and I have a Strat tune on there that I bought and ordered so I know what it's for. To piggy back on the OP's if I sold the AP with the tune, the tune itself is linked to the device correct? so the next owner could utilize the map if they had the same or similar mods? (Cobb Intake/Cobb Intercooler). I keep seeing conflicting information.

Thanks!
Yes it is downloaded into the AP3...it can be used by another vehicle. It may need to be reviewed by the tuner and adjustments made.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk