Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

symposer delete kits $19.99 shipped

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
I sold out of these pretty quick. Anyone waiting for these the orders are shipping today.

Thanks!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
silver and blue in stock
$19.99

and you can use FIST5 to save 5%

geeeee wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[ninja]

Got one of these for Christmas and haven't installed it yet because I have a question. The kit only has a plug for the boost side hose, and not the firewall side. Is the intention to leave the firewall side open? Or should I get something to plug it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Timely question as I just ordered mine a few hours ago. And I got a shipping notice like an hour after I ordered...damn Ron [twothumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Got one of these for Christmas and haven't installed it yet because I have a question. The kit only has a plug for the boost side hose, and not the firewall side. Is the intention to leave the firewall side open? Or should I get something to plug it?

There are some kits that offer the plug, some do not.
On my 2016 FiST, I cut the accordion hose off behind the battery
On the 2017 FiST, just coiled it up back there out of site (also behind the battery)

Mountune addresses this step by asking the installer to just push the hose back to the first clamp to make it look clean. No mention of capping it off. Their kit also does not include a cap so I felt I could trust that method as well.

There are some kits that offer the plug, some do not.
On my 2016 FiST, I cut the accordion hose off behind the battery
On the 2017 FiST, just coiled it up back there out of site (also behind the battery)

Mountune addresses this step by asking the installer to just push the hose back to the first clamp to make it look clean. No mention of capping it off. Their kit also does not include a cap so I felt I could trust that method as well.
Fair enough. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something/leaving open something that needed to be plugged

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
What exactly is the purpose to the kit? Does it make a big difference?
it deletes the symposer
= symposer delete
symposer is the fake sound in your car
it also is a factory boost leak on the cold side intercooler pipe
well the symposer device shouldn't leak from the factory but after a while it could and it has for some owners running higher than stock boost levels plus many owners like to remove the risk and fake sound.

enter this mod
"cheap insurance and less useless clutter in the engine bay" is what it should be called[like]

Last edited:
You can "test" the difference by taking the hose off of the symposer. Not the one that goes underneath the motor, but the accordion one that goes back to the firewall. Just unhook that and go for a spin.

The major difference is the sound. Potential benefit is that there is one less place for there to be a boost leak if you plug the hose that is under vacuum. I guess the symposer can leak at some point (at least that is what YouTube taught me). Oh, and you have a little more space in your engine bay with that giant symposer gone. I can't believe how large it is when everything is so tightly packed.

Business6

A few things: removes the intake noise being sent through a plastic diaphragm and piping into the cabin to reduce some intake drone and also removes that same diaphragm from the list of potential failures. There are a few reports/vids of the sound symposer causing boost leaks.

Given how quiet the car is (...coming from Miatas) I've still been on the fence about doing it myself because I basically can't hear a damn thing the car is doing.

A few things: removes the intake noise being sent through a plastic diaphragm and piping into the cabin to reduce some intake drone and also removes that same diaphragm from the list of potential failures. There are a few reports/vids of the sound symposer causing boost leaks.

Given how quiet the car is (...coming from Miatas) I've still been on the fence about doing it myself because I basically can't hear a damn thing the car is doing.
I think it's fine stock, but after putting in a downpipe, I'm finding my car is pretty drony. I'm about to order one from Whoosh to see if that helps. I heard it does.

TDavis

1000 Post Club

This is how I feel. I like the sound the symposer creates but I don't want boost leaks either.

Super happy with my symposer delete from whoosh. The noise is horrid (different strokes for different folks) and now that it's out, some any drone is gone and it's real motor noise instead of a plastic awkwardness sending poop noise in the cabin.

It takes around 15% volume out of the cabin and you get pure simple engine noise and occasional turbo whoosh. Best $20 I've spent on the car