Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D exhaust + POWERFLEX poly exhaust hangers = great combo

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Installed a Thermal system with POWERFLEX hangers on a Fiesta ST yesterday and I have to say it was the easiest install I've done.

The exhaust uses slip clamps with 1 ball clamp plus includes a new under chassis brace with new exhaust hanger that eliminates one of the OEM hangers. So basically you are getting an improved chassis brace with more clearance for the 3" exhaust plus a better hanger from Thermal. The design is great.

If you are installing one of these systems my suggestion is to leave the hanger by the downpipe OEM if you don't have an upgraded rear motor mount, if you have an upgraded rear motor mount then by all means replace it. Then all you will need is the last 2 hangers back by the muffler section. As stated before the mid OEM hanger / hanger mount is no longer used with the Thermal R&D system.

links to the products mentioned

POWERFLEX hangers
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/powerflex-exhaust-mount-hanger

Thermal R&D exhaust
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/thermal-r-d-3-fiesta-st-cat-back-exhaust-2014

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
pics added to post #1

Is there any highway or cruising drone with this system? Also, over volume, is it on the louder side of things? I don't have the crackles/pops on my strat tune and the cops in my area are pretty big a-holes about exhausts so I have stayed conservative with the stock system since I'm still on stock turbo, but I've been heavily considering an exhaust and Cobb/FSWerks were leading the race at this point, however I've been eyeing the thermal system too.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Is there any highway or cruising drone with this system? Also, over volume, is it on the louder side of things? I don't have the crackles/pops on my strat tune and the cops in my area are pretty big a-holes about exhausts so I have stayed conservative with the stock system since I'm still on stock turbo, but I've been heavily considering an exhaust and Cobb/FSWerks were leading the race at this point, however I've been eyeing the thermal system too.
this is actually on my 2017 Fiesta
It's not loud at all with the stock downpipe....I can say with 100% certainty there is 0 drone with the stock downpipe