Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Passenger side motor mount issue ? Pic inside

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
So I have been trying to figure out what is causing clunk during autocross. First thing came to
Mind was the pass motor mount but when checked all bolts were tight and the main one not broke. Today I decided I would jack up the engine a bit to see if I could find anything. I noticed in process the pass side engine lifts about an inch off the mount. The bolt is tight as it will go and I don't believe this is normal. I'm guessing the mount is worn out itself. Has anyone noticed this or any help would be great.

Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only way to tell if it's completely spent...is removal and inspection of rubber bushing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Typical fiesta motor mounts. I broke my bolt just driving around town. Dealership said the bolt wasn't torqued from the factory this caused a strain to it. Just blows the fact we have standard fiesta mounts still supporting an engine with 80 more hp and 100 more torque!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Typical fiesta motor mounts. I broke my bolt just driving around town. Dealership said the bolt wasn't torqued from the factory this caused a strain to it. Just blows the fact we have standard fiesta mounts still supporting an engine with 80 more hp and 100 more torque!

not saying you're wrong, but my driver side mount clearly has an ST label on it. Not sure about the passenger side, it may be ST specific or standard fiesta. Never really cared to dig into it.

Since you are lifting the engine, this looks normal. The pic makes the gap look larger than it is I feel. The rubber disk seen is not even a 1/4 inch.

In fact, you need this space! Strange that Koozy, who installed the inserts, didn't flag this as normal. You need that gap for the powerflex or whomever made inserts for the drivers and passenger side. It's a urethane disk about twice the thickness of the factory rubber piece and it fills that space to stiffen things up.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Since you are lifting the engine, this looks normal. The pic makes the gap look larger than it is I feel. The rubber disk seen is not even a 1/4 inch.

In fact, you need this space! Strange that Koozy, who installed the inserts, didn't flag this as normal. You need that gap for the powerflex or whomever made inserts for the drivers and passenger side. It's a urethane disk about twice the thickness of the factory rubber piece and it fills that space to stiffen things up.
The OP stated that his engine raised 1" off the mount. This is NOT normal.

Here's video of a failed mount.

[video=youtube;vk5L3d2F0hQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk5L3d2F0hQ[/video]

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9

I can stick my index finger in that gap. The pic kind of makes look smaller. But anyways I have a new mount coming and hope that fixes the loud clunk I'm getting during autocross. I'm getting a lot of front back movement on that mount when push on engine by hand. After 55k miles and a good amount of beating I'm hoping the mount is just worn and causing the issue.

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Thanks koozy for the vid. Mine isn't as bad as in vid but close lol. I have a ttr mount coming to replace it. I gotta rip things apart and look at the trans mount one day soon also.

Thanks again people

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks koozy for the vid. Mine isn't as bad as in vid but close lol. I have a ttr mount coming to replace it. I gotta rip things apart and look at the trans mount one day soon also.

Thanks again people
I laugh every time I watch it, it's pretty comical! LOL

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The OP stated that his engine raised 1" off the mount. This is NOT normal.

Here's video of a failed mount.

[video=youtube;vk5L3d2F0hQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk5L3d2F0hQ[/video]
One bad mount is going to stress the others. Wonder if this has any bearing on those that think they just need a stiffer rear motor mount a.k.a. "RMM".

I believe the driver side is transmission specific, since the manual in our car is unique to the ST. Mounting point is slightly changed.

I was just able to correct my issue (squeaky passenger mount) by simply installing the Powerflex insert.
Took about 20 minutes, and the squeak is gone and so are the clunky shifts