Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Bumper honeycomb

I was hoping if someone out there might have thought of filling in the honeycomb and then painting to match the rest of the car. Been thinking of doing this for some time now but have not seen it done yet. Pain in the ass to clean. Any pics of it done would be great to see.

zanethan

I don't think it would look good. The rear bumper needs that contrast of black to break it up IMO. Filling it and painting it black might play but it having a hard time visualizing it. Maybe someone with decent photoshop skills could assist in giving you an idea of what it would look like.

Wouldn't it be easier to just put a base trim rear bumper on and if you really wanted to, graft our little diffuser thing back on the bottom?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

zanethan

That would be easier assuming he could figure out a way to graft it. Based on a comparison of the base and ST the bumpers appear to be the same cover with a different trim piece (the large black plastic). I suppose the OP could buy the black insert for a base and swap it out.

Is there anything behind the mesh? I'm thinking of putting like an F1 style 4th brake light in it. When I say I'm thinking of it I had this idea today and if its feasible I wouldn't mind doing something like that/

Nothing behind the mesh, just the sheetmetal drop down for the spare. There's a good 4-5" of dead space behind it

Hmm...maybe I will try this some day when I'm bored. Ideally I want the F1 style LED matrix to act as a 4th brake light flasher, and if possible maybe have a switch somewhere to make it flash during bad weather. I'm not sure if thats legal or not, but CA has barre none the worst drives in the country throw rain, or fog, or a cloud into the mix and its like driving on legendary difficulty.