Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Sprayed Heavily by Bleach

Only thing I can think of is get some polishing compound and by hand rub a 2x2 ish inch area for a minute or so. That will take a bit, but hopefully it just chemically reacted with the very surface and didn't penetrate the clear coat too deep. Test it in a small spot and see if it does anything. Best case is that you can shave a few microns of clear coat off and it will look new again...effectively that is what polishing is.

Regardless, I would talk to your neighbor about it first and it would probably be best to just file an insurance claim of some kind. **If** you both agree, it would probably be the best thing for both parties and your relationship.

Edit: Polishing compound, not rubbing compound. Rubbing is for severe oxidation and will eat through your clear coat if you aren't REALLY careful. Watch a youtube on using polishing compound, use "x X x" shapes for the scrubbing, don't do circles...puts swirls in your paint.

I would try meguairs m105 compound, then follow up with some 205 polish (using a DA polisher). Then seal and wax of course. That in itself is a lot of work and money you shouldn't have to spend though. I'd tell your neighbor to fix.

Go see the guys at everything car care in PoCo. It's gonna cost money, but a detailer can fix that. Get it ceramic coated while you're at it. ;)
You could hop on vcc on Facebook too, lots of back yard detailers that could probably fix it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If you can't get it fixed yourself, and insurance will not cover it, try talking to your neighbor about them paying to repair it. I'm not sure how much value you have in your relationship with your neighbor, but if it's not much, worse case it seems like you have a good argument for small claims.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #8
My neighbor was working on some "art project" which involved cleaning driftwood with bleach. And they oversprayed...a lot.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #11
Shared driveway/carport. Yeah, they clearly were not thinking.