Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

airbag warning light

my fiesta's airbag warning light came on randomly yesterday (not the one located on the media console but the one on the instrument cluster), I tried to clear it with my accessport and it will disappear for few miles but will come back on again. I tried to run the diagnostic function on the accessport but it just said no code is found. does anyone who have the same issue or solutions? Don't really have the time or money to run to the dealer. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
my fiesta's airbag warning light came on randomly yesterday (not the one located on the media console but the one on the instrument cluster), I tried to clear it with my accessport and it will disappear for few miles but will come back on again. I tried to run the diagnostic function on the accessport but it just said no code is found. does anyone who have the same issue or solutions? Don't really have the time or money to run to the dealer. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.
You will need a Scan tool that handles SRS....this tool will allow you to go into the SRS system and look to see what code is set and give you a starting point. The light cannot be turned off unless the vehicle has had the repair completed and sees that the system is now able to function completely. This is a safety feature manufacturers put into place so people CANNOT just turn off the light and sell the vehicle to someone and have it be unsafe and kept hidden from the buyer. So in the end ....you will need a better scantool....they are all over the place and can be had for abouts $100 more or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk