Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1-2 shift clunk

What the hell is this guy doing!?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hahaha, he probably had the parking brake on and was engaging the clutch with the camera on the ground to show how bad the movement is. I was actually wondering the same. It was the best demonstration vid I could find on my break at work. Lol

Hahaha, he probably had the parking brake on and was engaging the clutch with the camera on the ground to show how bad the movement is. I was actually wondering the same. It was the best demonstration vid I could find on my break at work. Lol
Of course that'll happen. I never had any issues with the stock mount. Even though I've gone to the Cobb mount, it is firm, but I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary. However, I never drove it like I stole it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We are protected by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, so they would need to prove that your modification caused the a problem. I've heard of people buying the mountune version and having the dealer install it. Mountune is basically our "ford performance" line of products and they carry warranties with them. The RMM doesn't come with a warranty, nor will getting one void it. But having Ford install a Mountune part is just a better pillow to fall back on if you are worried about it.
The Act does not require the dealer to prove anything, it allows for free arbitration for you to present your side to the Arbitrator and Ford to present theirs. The manufacturer cannot be expected to test every mod and combination of mods and replacement parts. Normal replacements parts have the third party companies that make them to prove they meet specs. Things like oil,brake parts, hoses and filters are accepted easily by this law. Any mods made that alter the performance or emissions of the engine (other than certain Mountune parts for Ford) are an automatic warranty killer for the powertrain. If you change the motor mount to a stiffer one they have the right to deny NVH complaints. The Act allows for third party parts as long as they meet the same specs as the part they are replacing. It is not up to Ford to test every engine mount out there, the maker must provide the proof. Many people wrongly think it requires the dealership to do something, it does not force them to do anything. You can be sure if Ford takes it to arbitration they will have a ream of engineering documents to back up whatever the claim. If your beef is with the dealer they don't even have to show up for a meeting. The Act is between you and Ford. The dealer is not Ford,they are a private business or Corporation, they do not warrant your car, Ford does. So your best recourse with dealer problems is involve Ford directly through Customer Care to advocate for you with the dealer. If the issue is not resolved then you can take Ford to Arbitration. The purpose of the Act was to prevent the car companies from saying you have to buy parts from them to keep your warranty. You don't as long as they meet the same specs. You are free to use a brand XYZ oil filter, but if it fails and causes an engine failure Ford will not repair your car, however XYZ may if like the majors they have a warranty. This is why some people stick to Ford parts, if they fail it is Ford's problem, not yours and XYZ company. Not that I have ever had a defective oil filter of any brand!

The Act does not require the dealer to prove anything, it allows for free arbitration for you to present your side to the Arbitrator and Ford to present theirs. The manufacturer cannot be expected to test every mod and combination of mods and replacement parts. Normal replacements parts have the third party companies that make them to prove they meet specs. Things like oil,brake parts, hoses and filters are accepted easily by this law. Any mods made that alter the performance or emissions of the engine (other than certain Mountune parts for Ford) are an automatic warranty killer for the powertrain. If you change the motor mount to a stiffer one they have the right to deny NVH complaints. The Act allows for third party parts as long as they meet the same specs as the part they are replacing. It is not up to Ford to test every engine mount out there, the maker must provide the proof. Many people wrongly think it requires the dealership to do something, it does not force them to do anything. You can be sure if Ford takes it to arbitration they will have a ream of engineering documents to back up whatever the claim. If your beef is with the dealer they don't even have to show up for a meeting. The Act is between you and Ford. The dealer is not Ford,they are a private business or Corporation, they do not warrant your car, Ford does. So your best recourse with dealer problems is involve Ford directly through Customer Care to advocate for you with the dealer. If the issue is not resolved then you can take Ford to Arbitration. The purpose of the Act was to prevent the car companies from saying you have to buy parts from them to keep your warranty. You don't as long as they meet the same specs. You are free to use a brand XYZ oil filter, but if it fails and causes an engine failure Ford will not repair your car, however XYZ may if like the majors they have a warranty. This is why some people stick to Ford parts, if they fail it is Ford's problem, not yours and XYZ company. Not that I have ever had a defective oil filter of any brand!
FTC Validates Right to Install Aftermarket Parts | SEMA
https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/01/ftc-validates-right-to-install-aftermarket-parts

Mountune also sent me a letter and link about the Act yesterday when I bought their turbo kit.

FTC Validates Right to Install Aftermarket Parts | SEMA
https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/01/ftc-validates-right-to-install-aftermarket-parts

Mountune also sent me a letter and link about the Act yesterday when I bought their turbo kit.
The legalities don't really matter too much. It's still low risk for Ford to not honor a warranty claim on a car with aftermarket parts; regardless of whether the part in question caused a failure. Say, for example, your engine blows up and Ford denies the warranty claim even though the only modification you have done is an aftermarket RMM. It would be extremely unlikely that the vehicle owner would pursue legal action since paying for the repairs would be the much more financially viable option over legal fees. Even if the owner took the legal route, it would be a challenging fight since Ford is the technical authority for the vehicle's systems. You would be hard pressed to counter an affidavit provided by a Professional Engineer at Ford.

The legalities don't really matter too much. It's still low risk for Ford to not honor a warranty claim on a car with aftermarket parts; regardless of whether the part in question caused a failure. Say, for example, your engine blows up and Ford denies the warranty claim even though the only modification you have done is an aftermarket RMM. It would be extremely unlikely that the vehicle owner would pursue legal action since paying for the repairs would be the much more financially viable option over legal fees. Even if the owner took the legal route, it would be a challenging fight since Ford is the technical authority for the vehicle's systems. You would be hard pressed to counter an affidavit provided by a Professional Engineer at Ford.
If my motor blew up and thats the only mod I had, I'd take it off before I took the car in. It takes literally 20minutes tops with the most of basic tools. Now if my motor pops and I have a tune, internal parts (like cams) or aftermarket turbo, I wouldn't try and fight the "system". Laws aren't to be abused and neither are you and I. Either way, if you anybody would like to discuss the legalities, loopholes, examples, past experiences, then please be my guest and enlighted us all. But it's my birthday weekend so I won't be participating in any keyboard wars. I love you guys, and have a great weekend! [cheers]