Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AWR Mount - Reviews?

What's everyone's thoughts on the AWR mount? I'm considering this as my only mod on the car before it goes away for the winter because, thanks to another member, I now see how garbage the stock mount is unfortunately. This mount has caught my eye the most really, either in 70 or 88 durometer option.

If you have the mount, please mention the durometer spec and roughly how many miles you have on it. Has it eliminated clunking? How are vibrations? How is wheel hop/spin? I don't drive the car hard enough to get hop or spin, but it's good to know.

Thanks!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
What's everyone's thoughts on the AWR mount? I'm considering this as my only mod on the car before it goes away for the winter because, thanks to another member, I now see how garbage the stock mount is unfortunately. This mount has caught my eye the most really, either in 70 or 88 durometer option.

If you have the mount, please mention the durometer spec and roughly how many miles you have on it. Has it eliminated clunking? How are vibrations? How is wheel hop/spin? I don't drive the car hard enough to get hop or spin, but it's good to know.

Thanks!
have you read through the thread in my section?
There are reviews there.
I suggest going with the 70a bushing.
click here>>> http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13842-NEW-product-AWR-rear-motor-mount-with-70-88-and-95-durometer-bushing-options

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #3
have you read through the thread in my section?
There are reviews there.
I suggest going with the 70a bushing.
click here>>> http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13842-NEW-product-AWR-rear-motor-mount-with-70-88-and-95-durometer-bushing-options
I saw lots of "initial" reviews in that thread, but was hoping for more reviews after driving with the mount for a while. Along with that, I'd like to compare the longer term reviews of the 70a and 88a bushings. Regardless, i'll likely be order this mount soon since I have my first oil change coming up.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I've got a few hundred miles on my AWR "70" mount and it definitely buzzes you as you begin to accelerate, and when the AC is on and you're idling. It's not as bad as when it was new. I'm optimistic that it will break in even more as I put more miles on it. It definitely eliminated the clunk on shifting, twerking on takeoff, and most of the wheel hop on launches. Recommended, and buy it from Whoosh.

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #5
I've got a few hundred miles on my AWR "70" mount and it definitely buzzes you as you begin to accelerate, and when the AC is on and you're idling. It's not as bad as when it was new. I'm optimistic that it will break in even more as I put more miles on it. It definitely eliminated the clunk on shifting, twerking on takeoff, and most of the wheel hop on launches. Recommended, and buy it from Whoosh.
These are the types of reviews i'm looking for. Thank you for your feedback! I was thinking 88a would be a good fit between too aggressive and not aggressive enough, but it sounds like the 70a is sufficient. I'll definitely be buying from Whoosh when I make my decision. :)

+1 - I've had mine in for a little over 1,000 miles now and it honestly mellows out great while maintaining all of the nice pros as listed above. I don't really notice the vibrations anymore unless I'm letting the clutch out into first gear and my revs dip a little bit. Otherwise? Perfect for a daily.

I've had mine on for over 2,000 miles. The AWR 70 durometer.It's a huge improvement over stock. Yes, it does vibrate a some.It did mellow out a little over time. REALLY cleans up the clunking trans. You'll be happy with it. It's made with superior workmanship. I received mine 2 days after ordering it. Ron at Whoosh is awesome. FWIW if you get a COBB AP(Highly recommended also)the RPM is dropped to about 850 and the vibration is more than cut in half.

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #8
+1 - I've had mine in for a little over 1,000 miles now and it honestly mellows out great while maintaining all of the nice pros as listed above. I don't really notice the vibrations anymore unless I'm letting the clutch out into first gear and my revs dip a little bit. Otherwise? Perfect for a daily.
Perfect. Thank you for your thoughts!
I've had mine on for over 2,000 miles. The AWR 70 durometer.It's a huge improvement over stock. Yes, it does vibrate a some.It did mellow out a little over time. REALLY cleans up the clunking trans. You'll be happy with it. It's made with superior workmanship. I received mine 2 days after ordering it. Ron at Whoosh is awesome. FWIW if you get a COBB AP(Highly recommended also)the RPM is dropped to about 850 and the vibration is more than cut in half.
Thank you as well for your thoughts.

I'm still slightly on the fence. My main concern is that I had an 85a Cobb RMM in my Focus ST that never bothered me, vibration wise. This is the main reason I was initially leaning toward the 88a. Based on reviews, it seems the 70a is sufficient, but i'm wondering if the 88a will be even better with only minimal extra vibes. My old Cobb RMM was amazing after 1000 miles. It was no longer noticeable, vibration wise, but the shifting feel/wheel hop/spin was still mostly gone.

I'm coming up on my first oil change and really tempted to pull the trigger on this RMM for the day I do the change. Decisions, decisions.

I'm still slightly on the fence. My main concern is that I had an 85a Cobb RMM in my Focus ST that never bothered me, vibration wise. This is the main reason I was initially leaning toward the 88a. Based on reviews, it seems the 70a is sufficient, but i'm wondering if the 88a will be even better with only minimal extra vibes. My old Cobb RMM was amazing after 1000 miles. It was no longer noticeable, vibration wise, but the shifting feel/wheel hop/spin was still mostly gone.

I'm coming up on my first oil change and really tempted to pull the trigger on this RMM for the day I do the change. Decisions, decisions.
You can ask Ron @ Whoosh for an extra, stiffer bushing. [rockon] I ordered the 95 to begin and that was waaaaay too stiff, though was kind of fun to drive for the period of time I dealt with it. Talked to him and for another few bucks he shot me out the 70a, which again had noticeable NVH in the initial install (Like a small BOOM when you start the engine) but mellowed out super quickly. The amount of motor mounts that AWR produces is pretty nuts too, lots of different makes and models. Clearly they're doing something right.

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #10
You can ask Ron @ Whoosh for an extra, stiffer bushing. [rockon] I ordered the 95 to begin and that was waaaaay too stiff, though was kind of fun to drive for the period of time I dealt with it. Talked to him and for another few bucks he shot me out the 70a, which again had noticeable NVH in the initial install (Like a small BOOM when you start the engine) but mellowed out super quickly. The amount of motor mounts that AWR produces is pretty nuts too, lots of different makes and models. Clearly they're doing something right.
I actually just ordered an 88a a little while ago, shortly after my last post.

I figured, if it comes down to it, I could always buy a 70a from Ron. I just wanted to go with my gut on this one. From my experience, a lot of guys online like to over-exaggerate specific feelings or simply don't know "comfort" from "discomfort" (in terms of mounts, suspension, etc). For example, I also had Bilstein B14's on my Focus ST that the forum said was so stiff and jarring.. It ended up being the most comfortable suspension I've ever had. Like I said also, with my mk3 Focus ST, the Cobb RMM was basically unnoticeable and that was 85a. Different car/chassis of course, but still my gut says to do 88a.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the 88a AWR mount!

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #12
How about those thoughts?
I'm almost 1000 miles into it. I hardly notice the fact that it's there anymore. Literally the only time you feel it is on take off. Vibrations at idle are non-existent, vibrations at idle with a/c on are minimal to none (honestly can't feel any). Overall it's a great mod. I do believe I'll be doing the Powerflex PSMM insert to stiffen up the car a touch more though.

I'm almost 1000 miles into it. I hardly notice the fact that it's there anymore. Literally the only time you feel it is on take off. Vibrations at idle are non-existent, vibrations at idle with a/c on are minimal to none (honestly can't feel any). Overall it's a great mod. I do believe I'll be doing the Powerflex PSMM insert to stiffen up the car a touch more though.
Hm i hope its not too annoying becuase my commute is stop go traffic. So ill be in that buzzy range often

LILIKE16ST

Thanks man I think I'm going to go with the 88 myself. I'm one of those people who beleive alot over exagerate things like vibs and drone and ride quality etc just like you said. On my svt focus I had the steeda mount (pretty sure it is a 70) and I never hardly noticed any increases vibes. They were present but like you said really not that noticeable especially with other things like exhaust noise and the stereo playing and other things being factored in. I wouldn't mind it being a little stiffer than that was that's what makes me wanna try the 88. I beleive I'll be happy with it. It's between this and the boomba which I beleive it's an 80 but this one is a decent amount cheaper and seems solid so I beleive I'll go that route

The Holy Molar

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I have had the 88a mount in for about 1k miles and the experience is just as blongo804 described. The vibrations are only noticeable when lugging it below 2k rpm. A minor change in driving habits and all is well.

Edit: I'm coming from a S2000 with engine, trans, diff mounts so I'm not sensitive to these types of things.

LILIKE16ST

I have had the 88a mount in for about 1k miles and the experience is just as blongo804 described. The vibrations are only noticeable when lugging it below 2k rpm. A minor change in driving habits and all is well.

Edit: I'm coming from a S2000 with engine, trans, diff mounts so I'm not sensitive to these types of things.
My driving Style would not need changed as I of the type that likes to downshift a lot even to go up slight grades when I may not necessarily need to downshift but I do anyways because I do not like lugging the engine at all in any way shape or form and I have found up my MPGs actually increase driving this way so long as you're easy on the throttle. Some people don't realize it isn't really higher rpm that makes a car use gas it's actually pushing the gas pedal in more. In other words going up slight grades you may be better off at a higher rpm in a lower gear vs a lower rpm in a higher gear and having to apply more throttle for the same result if that makes sense. I love to downshift frequently and rarely drive below 2k rpm unless it's on completely level ground or down hill. Driving this way would probably make the presence of a stiffer rmm even less of an issue imho. Awr 88 here I come lol