Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New from Portland

pdxST15

Hello fellow ST's! Im new from Portland, OR. A little about me.

I've had my 2015 Tuxedo Black ST since July 2016. I got crazy lucky and bought it used with only 3,000 miles on it. It was in perfect condition and it's my baby. I mostly use my vehicle for commuting and fun weekend drives.

A few things I've wanted feedback on:
-Does anyone else have problems parking the car next to a curb? I have unfortunately scrapped up a few of my rims because it's very hard to get a feel for how far away the curb is. Tips?
-Has anyone installed a back up camera on their car? I'm interested in doing this and would like recommendations on install/systems used.
-Ive purchased Michelin 205/40R17PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ and they are installing tomorrow. Does anyone else have any positive feedback on other all weather tires?

myst.jpg
myst.jpg
myst.jpg

Welcome!

-Does anyone else have problems parking the car next to a curb? I have unfortunately scrapped up a few of my rims because it's very hard to get a feel for how far away the curb is. Tips?
Not a ton of parking on curbs around here, but I've always parked a little bit away from the curb and used the side mirrors to determine if I need to get closer or not. Luckily these things are narrow as hell, so parking a bit away from the curve isn't a huge deal.

-Has anyone installed a back up camera on their car? I'm interested in doing this and would like recommendations on install/systems used.
Haven't done it myself, but there are a couple threads on here about activating options in FORScan and whatnot to get it to work like OEM.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...era-discussion-thread?highlight=backup+camera
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ng-stock-back-up-camera?highlight=back+camera

-Ive purchased Michelin 205/40R17PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ and they are installing tomorrow. Does anyone else have any positive feedback on other all weather tires?
Solid tires. I run summers almost year-round, so I won't be much help here :p

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Pilot Sport A/S 3 is a good choice. I've heard great things about the Nitto NeoGen AS tires; they're half the price of the Pilot Sport A/S 3, but the PS A/S 3 have a tread wear rating of 500 whereas the NeoGen's tread rating is 280.

From what I'm told, the NeoGens are quieter/less road noise than the PS A/S 3, and provide a little more grip as well. The PS A/S 3 might be better in the snow, though.

Zormecteon

I'm up in Kelso Washington, but bought mine in Portland. I drive down there to have it serviced. I'm curious where you are or intend to have yours serviced. My dealings have been with COURTESY FORD, and speed parts installed by ALDRIDGE MOTORSPORTS. .. AM is the BEST, but they moved and last time I talked they still weren't back up to working on cars again.

??

I'm up in Kelso Washington, but bought mine in Portland. I drive down there to have it serviced. I'm curious where you are or intend to have yours serviced. My dealings have been with COURTESY FORD, and speed parts installed by ALDRIDGE MOTORSPORTS. .. AM is the BEST, but they moved and last time I talked they still weren't back up to working on cars again.

??
Aldridge...like Denny Aldridge? He's now out in East Vancouver, near English Racing if you know where they are.

To pdxST, welcome! Looks like there are a good number of local people here. Portland side streets are rough with small curbs so not uncommon, but I try to not venture down that way much. As for all season tires, the BFG Comp2 A/S is fantastic. Haven't compared it directly to the Michelin though. It's been about a month, how are you liking them now that the rain has started to come in?

Zormecteon

Aldridge...like Denny Aldridge? He's now out in East Vancouver, near English Racing if you know where they are.

To pdxST, welcome! Looks like there are a good number of local people here. Portland side streets are rough with small curbs so not uncommon, but I try to not venture down that way much. As for all season tires, the BFG Comp2 A/S is fantastic. Haven't compared it directly to the Michelin though. It's been about a month, how are you liking them now that the rain has started to come in?
I don't know if it's Denny Aldridge, .. They WERE located just off of the Banfield, and so far as I know the only FORD RACING dealer in the PDX area.. ..They sure did fantastic work. I have no idea where "English Racing" is.. but it would be fantastic if they're back up and operational. I just checked their websight and it still lists an Oregon phone number.

I've had the Michelins on the car since the second day. I already had the wheels and tires at the house when I picked up the car. (Still have the original wheels and tires with less than 100 miles on the stored away) I got the car in January of 2014 so I'm used to these tires in the wet. I wouldn't mind trying the Goodrich tires but I haven't heard if there's a rubbing issue with mountune lowering springs and 205/45s.

I don't know if it's Denny Aldridge, .. They WERE located just off of the Banfield, and so far as I know the only FORD RACING dealer in the PDX area.. ..They sure did fantastic work. I have no idea where "English Racing" is.. but it would be fantastic if they're back up and operational. I just checked their websight and it still lists an Oregon phone number.

I've had the Michelins on the car since the second day. I already had the wheels and tires at the house when I picked up the car. (Still have the original wheels and tires with less than 100 miles on the stored away) I got the car in January of 2014 so I'm used to these tires in the wet. I wouldn't mind trying the Goodrich tires but I haven't heard if there's a rubbing issue with mountune lowering springs and 205/45s.
http://aldridgemotorsportsinc.com

This guy? That's Denny and yes he's been open for over a year at least. I run the BFG on my Mustang, no experience in the Fiesta sizing. It will be nice on my wallet buying wheels/tires for this car compared to what I'm used to.