Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM for daily/street race?

Looking for thes best option RMM out there they are all around the 150$ mark so price isn't an issue. I don't have any bolt ones yet but will be as time goes on. She's my daily but I'd like to run her here and there.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Looking for thes best option RMM out there they are all around the 150$ mark so price isn't an issue. I don't have any bolt ones yet but will be as time goes on. She's my daily but I'd like to run her here and there.
I'll weigh in and say AWR is the best bang for the buck
You can select how firm the mount is: 70a, 88a, or race 95a bushing. And if you want, you can purchase an extra bushing and change out to a stiffer one for a track day
Or if you want some billet goodness that is also on the stiffer side of the rear motor mount spectrum, cp-e is the way to go. It's on the top of the price range opposing the AWR
Lastly, if you want a smooth good feel middle of the road upgraded rear motor mount, Mountune is excellent too

I have all 3 in stock, ready to rock!

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/awr-rear-motor-mount-2014-2017-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/ford-fiesta-st-xflex-rear-motor-mount

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/mountune-roll-restrictor-rear-motor-mount-fiesta-st-2013-2017

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I'll weigh in and say AWR is the best bang for the buck
You can select how firm the mount is: 70a, 88a, or race 95a bushing. And if you want, you can purchase an extra bushing and change out to a stiffer one for a track day
Or if you want some billet goodness that is also on the stiffer side of the rear motor mount spectrum, cp-e is the way to go. It's on the top of the price range opposing the AWR
Lastly, if you want a smooth good feel middle of the road upgraded rear motor mount, Mountune is excellent too

I have all 3 in stock, ready to rock!

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/awr-rear-motor-mount-2014-2017-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/ford-fiesta-st-xflex-rear-motor-mount

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/mountune-roll-restrictor-rear-motor-mount-fiesta-st-2013-2017
Have you ever heard of torque solutions it's a solid aluminum with a 75a bushing

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Have you ever heard of torque solutions it's a solid aluminum with a 75a bushing
I sell torque solution products such as poly exhaust hangers but mount has received poor reviews here due to the bushing being very soft/flexible
Apparently, the durometer ratings in these bushings aren't all created equal and the size/diameter of the bushings have some impact on the flexibility as well

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
I sell torque solution products such as poly exhaust hangers but mount has received poor reviews here due to the bushing being very soft/flexible
Apparently, the durometer ratings in these bushings aren't all created equal and the size/diameter of the bushings have some impact on the flexibility as well
Ok sowhich would you suggest best over all

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
I'm really stuck between
Cp-e
Boomba
And Cobb
All aluminum just want to know what the bushings hold up to be cp-e uses something other than polyurethane

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm really stuck between
Cp-e
Boomba
And Cobb
All aluminum just want to know what the bushings hold up to be cp-e uses something other than polyurethane
cp-e uses EPDM
Boomba is poured poly as far as I know
COBB - I have a used COBB with less than 500 miles it I'll sell you. You may not notice much difference than stock with that one.

I'd go with cp-e or Boomba if you want something stiff

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
are you really worried that much about weight that you want the aluminum over the steel? lol, maybe a difference of half a pound.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
are you really worried that much about weight that you want the aluminum over the steel? lol, maybe a difference of half a pound.
Its not just the weight savings its also material the billet CNC pieces are strongerdue to it being single piece versus the steel which is welded now depending on the actuall type of steel they used would be another factor as well as aluminum dissipates heat better so heat soak in the rubber after awhile would ideally on paper favor the aluminum for longer service life

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
cp-e uses EPDM
Boomba is poured poly as far as I know
COBB - I have a used COBB with less than 500 miles it I'll sell you. You may not notice much difference than stock with that one.

I'd go with cp-e or Boomba if you want something stiff
Can you tell me what epdm actually is?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Its not just the weight savings its also material the billet CNC pieces are strongerdue to it being single piece versus the steel which is welded now depending on the actuall type of steel they used would be another factor as well as aluminum dissipates heat better so heat soak in the rubber after awhile would ideally on paper favor the aluminum for longer service life
Billet doesn't always mean stronger. And it's pretty rare that aluminum is stronger than steel, even mild steel which I highly doubt the AWR is made of. And a weld does not make metal weaker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cobb is weak and starts to allow engine movement after break in almost immediately.

Boomba is great and has zero engine movement but also rattles he hell out of the car when you crank the ac up.

Cpe i have no experience with but Mitch and the team do an excellent job on the fiesta product line.

"I've been told that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at anytime I will be sacked. Even the Angel Gabriel would struggle with that hanging over his head." ~ Jeremy Clarkson

OP
C
Thread Starter #16
Billet doesn't always mean stronger. And it's pretty rare that aluminum is stronger than steel, even mild steel which I highly doubt the AWR is made of. And a weld does not make metal weaker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not saying the steel is weak the weld itself would be the weak point

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Boomba...great mount...I've owned it it's a great piece...but like Ron has is a great deal with interchangeable bushings. I'm stuck with with I got...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk