Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Captainmorbid's smoky Fiesta of vroom.

Hello, so this is where you all went! Yes, I finally bought the ST after two SESs. And it's not even black! Sadly, I had to snap up a dealer stock FiST with a skylight as there will be no more tiny angry hatchbacks from Ford for 18. It's a 2017 full load with the not orange Recaros. I've beat 3300 gleeful kms into it in a month. THIS is what I wanted.

Mod list so far:

I've managed to completely copy Mountune's cup suspension kit for way more money(dimwittery!) enroute, not installed yet. Hopefully will reduce the pogopogopogo.

My TD PR3 holdovers from this noisy bastard:

Some Rally Armor flaps with red lettering.

I'm sure there'll be more. Next will be the noiseners, don't know which catback yet. I may send a ship to the Jolly angry Brexiters to snag me a Miltek kit, or FRPP, or Cobb, or Mountune(what an embarrassment of riches compared to the lowly SES!). I'll likely snag a MP215 to kill off the warranty period, and see what's left of the aftermarket in 3 years.

There are some stupendous builds on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I wasn't planning on having any "Take-Offs".
I just don't want to go through the rebuilding process.
Heck, I still have new parts I haven't even put on yet.

This may very well be my last car and when I sell (maybe soon) it will go as is.
However it will go with ALL of original parts as well.

Dave

OP
captainmorbid
Thread Starter #6
I wasn't planning on having any "Take-Offs".
I just don't want to go through the rebuilding process.
Heck, I still have new parts I haven't even put on yet.

This may very well be my last car and when I sell (maybe soon) it will go as is.
However it will go with ALL of original parts as well.

Dave
I was perusing your build thread, Taz does seem complete! And I have a pile of oem stuff leftover from the other two Fiestas, so I know what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using messenger penguins

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

It's strange, but in your first two pics the car looks Magnetic color, but that last pic by the rocks/mini-cliff, it looks for all the world like a black car.

I guess our color changes that much in photos depending on ambient light available (sort of like the Molten Orange cars do)? [dunno]

OP
captainmorbid
Thread Starter #12
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

It's strange, but in your first two pics the car looks Magnetic color, but that last pic by the rocks/mini-cliff, it looks for all the world like a black car.

I guess our color changes that much in photos depending on ambient light available? [dunno]
Thanks!

The third pic is an 11 SES, it was damn fun but the ST is what I wanted since 2010 when I received my original of three Fiestas.

OP
captainmorbid
Thread Starter #15

Winter mode. Rota Grid, 16x7 +40. Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 in 195-50-16.

The Rotas came with curb rash already installed, but painted over... hmmmm.

Dang, I really like those wheels!

The third pic is an 11 SES, it was damn fun but the ST is what I wanted since 2010 when I received my original of three Fiestas.
Three Fiestas in 7 years? Did you trade up on them, or did they wear out too soon?

OP
captainmorbid
Thread Starter #17
Dang, I really like those wheels!

Three Fiestas in 7 years? Did you trade up on them, or did they wear out too soon?
Lol! The first one was a DCT, which didn’t implode and I enjoyed but I wanted the third pedal, so off it went in trade on a used twin to the DCT. Which I did about 3 days before the ST was announced... Once the second 2011 was paid off, and rumours of the death of the ST popped up, off it went on trade for the current and likely last ST...

I loved the 2011s, with KW V1 coils on, it handled better than my OEM ST. It was almost as fun, due to the lack of power, 8 tenths was possible without risking my licence...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

NICE! [like]

I wonder if that is enough side wall to handle stage rally fire roads when working as a marshal, or start/finish crew on these events??
I ask because I want those same exact tires on a set of 16x7 Sparco Terras as my winter/working on rallies setup. ;)

OP
captainmorbid
Thread Starter #20
Hey Captain it’s Hack from the Faction. Your ST looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Hack! Thanks Mate, it sure has rekindled my strange urge to spend every damn penny I've got on car jewelry... Heh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk