Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mp215 installed by ASE

OP
D
Thread Starter #21
He was like we don't have he ecu for the 2017 I don't know when we will get it either lol

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
When I got the MP215 for my 2016 it also had to be updated from the 2015 version....took 15 minutes on home PC.

OP
D
Thread Starter #23
I'll be calling him today lol I wouldn't lie to you guys he sounded like 2017 was never going to be compatible maybe he meant with the warranty

I ordered the MP215 kit, but the handset with the tune is delayed 1-2 weeks according to Mountune. Can you swap out the airbox and flash the ECU later. I plan to go to an ASE certified mechanic.

Wish I worked for ford so I can send all the socal guys and I will install it lol but I work for Toyota :(

I'll be calling him today lol I wouldn't lie to you guys he sounded like 2017 was never going to be compatible maybe he meant with the warranty
I would press the button for the engineering department if he gives you the same answer.

The mp215 is compatible with the ford performance warranty as well as the mountune intercooler and short shifter bracket for my2017. I sent my purchase and install reciepts to Ford performance via email and was notified the next day that the warranty was added to my Vin.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I ordered the MP215 kit, but the handset with the tune is delayed 1-2 weeks according to Mountune. Can you swap out the airbox and flash the ECU later. I plan to go to an ASE certified mechanic.
yes....

I just called ford performance today. For every part that is in their catalog, there is an engineer on the ford performance side that is responsible for it. This is what that engineer had to say about mp215 and FiST 2017: there is no executive order on it. When I asked what was meant by that he said that means Mountune had not requested that MP215 be approved by Ford Performance to be installed on 2017 vehicles. He mentioned it also means that if you do get it installed on your 2017 and you take it for emissions testing, it will automatically fail the test.

It sounds like Mountune hasnā€™t even considered requesting Ford Performance approval for the MP215 install on a 2017. Iā€™ll call Mountune to see what they say.

I called Mountune. They mentioned the reason they have not released it yet for the 2017 is because Ford hasnā€™t released all the files yet for the 2017 FiST. Once Ford does, Mountune will be able to start working on the calibrations. The person I spoke with also mentioned that they would not sell the kit to a person that has a 2017 FiST. Time to give Ford another call.

I called Mountune. They mentioned the reason they have not released it yet for the 2017 is because Ford hasnā€™t released all the files yet for the 2017 FiST. Once Ford does, Mountune will be able to start working on the calibrations. The person I spoke with also mentioned that they would not sell the kit to a person that has a 2017 FiST. Time to give Ford another call.
Lol they told me the same thing a couple of months ago. I followed up once a week about the status of the updates. I called about a month ago and MOUNTUNE confirmed that Ford had released the new roms and that Mountune had issued an update for the 2017. I updated my access port and than had the mechanic install the parts. I made a copy of the receipts (as I said in my earlier post) emailed them to Ford and they added the warranty to my Vin.

No need to call Ford performance you'll probably just end up confusing them telling them that mountune doesnt support their product. I already called earlier this year twice to confirm that the parts were under warranty and received an email confirmation that the warranty had been added to my 2017 platinum white.

Last edited:
With the Mountune MP215, what upgrades can you install? An Intercooler, Full Exhaust including Cat, etc..

What could possibly be different on the 2017 vs. say the 2016 Fiesta ST?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
With the Mountune MP215, what upgrades can you install? An Intercooler, Full Exhaust including Cat, etc..

What could possibly be different on the 2017 vs. say the 2016 Fiesta ST?
Probably nothing. Maybe federal regulations ?

OP
D
Thread Starter #36
I'll call again, but isn't it fishy that it isn't listed on their website yet that it's for 17?

DaveG99

Get an accessport and do it yourself and save $. If your worried about warranty just get to know someone at your dealer and if anything happens (high chance nothing wil happen) then you are good. Most local ST groups have a ford dealer mechanic as a member. Our North Texas ST group has several. Worrying about warranties is over rated.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #38
Get an accessport and do it yourself and save $. If your worried about warranty just get to know someone at your dealer and if anything happens (high chance nothing wil happen) then you are good. Most local ST groups have a ford dealer mechanic as a member. Our North Texas ST group has several. Worrying about warranties is over rated.
How do I find a local st group?? I live in south West Virginia and I do see a lot of focus st around where I live

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
How do I find a local st group?? I live in south West Virginia and I do see a lot of focus st around where I live
Bad advice......There are people that have gone the correct route and have warranty on this thread........if you don't care about a warranty why bother with the Mountune?. Cobb or others are cheaper. I had to go online and update my MP215 in 2016. Then installed by ASE and registered. Simply buy it whereever you want and have it ASE installed and register it if you want your warranty. But do not rely on "someone" at a dealer covering repairs...... Why don't you call the Ford people where you register the MP215 and verify they are doing it for the '17 ST's, if op are getting their '17 ST's registered that would be end of discussion right? I believe you can find it at the Mountune site, I have no idea where mine went.