Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mp215 installed by ASE

karprive

I spoke with Mountune today and the MP215 is still not approved for 2017 models. They have no update regarding timing.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I spoke with Mountune today and the MP215 is still not approved for 2017 models. They have no update regarding timing.
Why don't you talk to Ford as what Mountune is saying is not what people that have installed the MP215 on their 2017's are saying. Other posters have stated that Ford accepted the install and added the MP215 to their warranty. Ford decides whether to warrant it not Mountune......talk to the people that do the warranty.....FORD! Get the phone number from the Mountune site and call Ford, why are you asking Mountune about Fords policy, Mountune does not make Ford decisions. Ford seems to have no problem with the 2017's......

karprive

Whoa, I'm just giving an update as to what Mountune told me today. I also wasn't asking Mountune about Ford's policy, but rather if Ford approved their product and they said no.

Also, I live local to Mountune so they would do the install for free without me having to go through a dealer...and since they are saying it's not approved yet, they won't install the product for me (or even sell it to me knowing that it's for a 2017).

I have no idea why there is a disconnect between what others have experienced and what Mountune is stating. Not sure why Mountune wouldn't want to get this item approved since it sells for a higher price point then their custom tune, but I'm not going to speculate.

Again, all I wanted to state on this thread was that Mountune will not sell the MP215 for a 2017 model since (according to them) it is not yet approved by Ford.

Just a heads up, I was just on the Mountune website and they now list the MP215 as being available for MY 2017.

Lol u guys keep getting the runaround by both companies. Forget them and dont waste a ton of money just get a used AP and pick a pro tuner. Im going with Sratified

Lol u guys keep getting the runaround by both companies. Forget them and dont waste a ton of money just get a used AP and pick a pro tuner. Im going with Sratified
Oh believe me, I've ran COBB on all my cars and very familiar with it and custom tuning, the ONLY reason I wanted Mountune is I need to keep warranty on this car. If I didn't, I would already be FBO with a custom tune and\or turbo upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Still no answer to the Mountune/ Ford 2017 problem. I would like to keep my warranty, so I guess I will wait and see what new year brings.

Still no answer to the Mountune/ Ford 2017 problem. I would like to keep my warranty, so I guess I will wait and see what new year brings.
I sent them an email on their site too, might send 40-50 more... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

The last time i called them they broke it down for me, the MP215 will work with the 2017's, the ONLY thing holding it back is the approval for carb acceptance for the great state of California!!! I told them just don't sell it in California, and release it to everyone else....NOPE....figures.

With the way government works, especially in CA, we'll be waiting another 2 years.
So here's the weirdest thing about that phone conversation with Mountune. They tell me, why don't you just buy the Cobb from us and get a custom tune from our tuner (Randy). My first thought was....well, these folks don't really care if they sell their (Mountune Packages) vs anything else they have for sale. I was like, if I go that route will that be Warranty Friendly? He was like, nope, but to be honest with you sir, we have worked with soo many Fiesta St's in the last 4-5 years and the likely-hood of something voiding the warranty because of an engine blowing up or something is unheard of.

He even told me that in the local area, Ford actually has a guy who's only job is to respond to warranty claims on possible tuning related damage, and he reports back to Ford Corp., this guy goes from one dealership to another doing said job in his assigned region. He would be the one doing deep dives into the ECU looking for a flash. And unless they have one of those guys in my area, the chances of me having a problem with a Cobb Flash tune related warranty issue is basically zero.

Did he convince me? Well, I've have/had a Cobb AP on my GTI, EVOX, and my old Speed3, so I knew about all this already, (not including the Tune Hunter dude), I was just trying to play it safe this time on a brand new car, cause I know once i do a Tune, i can't help but fully hooking up the car with everything I can throw at it. I am no longer waiting for the the Mountune Kit anymore, just don't think it's worth it anymore, one of the reasons I bout the FiST was to have fun with, but I hate having a stock car knowing there is so much more potential available....plus a freaking Veloster Turbo tried to race me today, which blows my mind since usually the only cars that usually try to race me in my GTI or EVOX are cars over 300+HP cars esp. muscle cars. I couldn't help but laugh, now I have to worry about Veloster's pulling up on me now??