Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mp215 installed by ASE

I picked my car up today from my local dealership after they checked my car out to see what the clunking noise is, I asked them if they could install a mountune kit and that I heard it would keep the warranty intact. The service tech said he had no idea what mountune is and they don't do that sort of thing there. What do I do in this situation to get the kit installed warranty intact

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
You could call around to find out if there are other dealers that would/can do it, or just order from Mountune, and have a certified mechanic do to install.

me32

1000 Post Club
Contact mountune to see who is a certified dealer to install or even ford canada

Zormecteon

1) Look for a Ford Racing Dealer/Shop in your area.
2) Try another (local) dealer
3)Show them that the parts are in the Ford Racing catalogue.
4) Print out the directions and take to them.
5)Any ASC certified mechanic can do it. Just don't forget to have it registered with Ford.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
1) Look for a Ford Racing Dealer/Shop in your area.
2) Try another (local) dealer
3)Show them that the parts are in the Ford Racing catalogue.
4) Print out the directions and take to them.
5)Any ASC certified mechanic can do it. Just don't forget to have it registered with Ford.
Great points. Adding one more. Donwload the Cobb Access manager software and connect the MTune unit to your computer to check for updates. When I did mine it took a few extra minutes for the tech to download the updates as their internet connection was on the fritz that day.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The problem is they think it is a third party company and do not know it is sold and authorized by Ford. Most dealers are ignorant of the Mountune subject until you have the parts departments let sales know what is going on. Others go in the dealership and ask if Ford honors the Mountune warranty....answer is NO! The warranty is from Ford not Mountune, sales people are in general not very knowledgable about cars like ours. I shopped 5 dealers in buying mine......none had any clue about Mountune.

My advise is buy the MP215 where you can get the best price. I got a deal from Levittown Ford, a big Ford Performance supplier. My son installed it and had a Certified ASE guy sign off on the installation for a case of beer for the shop.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
I appreciate the feedback everyone, I'm buying them in parts lol, have a rmm, buying the induction kit next then then mtune headset, can't afford to spend 1000 all at once :p

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Should I wait it just it or go cobb stage 1 lol the mountune guy was a smidge rude

Also note the MP215 falls under the "Ford Performance" warranty and not the regular Ford warranty. There is a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Also note the MP215 falls under the "Ford Performance" warranty and not the regular Ford warranty. There is a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not to the consumer......just whose pocket it comes from internally at Ford. Manufacturing does not want to pay for Ford Performance failures and take reliability hits for failures. Dealer fixes it if they installed it. Invisible to the consumer.

me32

1000 Post Club
Not to the consumer......just whose pocket it comes from internally at Ford. Manufacturing does not want to pay for Ford Performance failures and take reliability hits for failures. Dealer fixes it if they installed it. Invisible to the consumer.
True this

Well turns out mp215 isn't compatible with 2017 :( no tune for me
Give it a little time, I'm sure they'll have one for a 2107 in the future. I doubt they'd leave you guys hanging, at least I hope they wouldn't.
Actually, it is compatiable. I have a 2017 with MP215. Whoever is installing will just need to call mountune and update the software.

Actually, it is compatiable. I have a 2017 with MP215. Whoever is installing will just need to call mountune and update the software.
+1 . Just install the access port manager on your computer, plugin your access port to computer, click check for updates say yes to the prompt, let it update and you're good to go. Took me all of 10 myself for getting it ready for 2017.

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
I actualled called mountune last week and they told me it's not compatible

I actualled called mountune last week and they told me it's not compatible
Lol I called them too and spoke with Dan. They were the ones try that told me to update. Had it installed about 3 weeks ago on my 17'.

OP
D
Thread Starter #19
He was very clear that mp215 is NOT compatible but I could do a custom tune lol I'll call him back