Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 airbox vs stock box

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Does the additional hose for either airbox mount somewhere in the fender, or does it sort of just sit there "flopping" about? I know from DIYs that people have placed the bottom end of the hose near the foglight, but I don't know if it is secured to something to prevent it from moving, or if it's friction-fitted between various parts to keep it in place?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Does the additional hose for either airbox mount somewhere in the fender, or does it sort of just sit there "flopping" about? I know from DIYs that people have placed the bottom end of the hose near the foglight, but I don't know if it is secured to something to prevent it from moving, or if it's friction-fitted between various parts to keep it in place?
when I installed the Mountune hose, it routes in a way where the space is just slightly smaller than the hose so it is more then secure yet doesn't crush the hose out of shape

it's rather nice

koozy

3000 Post Club
I placed the hose in the most obvious and most accessible place I could see where fresh cool air was freely available from the lower grill area. I didn't use anything to secure it other than to the air box port itself, as it's a pretty secure friction fit. People can place and route the hose how they see fit to suit their needs as long as the hose is long enough.

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Is the ST200 airbox any louder vs stock?
"while providing a rich, deep induction note that reflects performance"
I did notice this

adding the RAMAIR panel filter increased noise a slight bit, adding the ST200 box should make it just right[like]

If you remove the windshield washer reservoir, you'll have a ton of space under there with the Mountune hose. There was enough that I added a true velocity stack at the end of the hose and attached it to the fenderwell inside liner. The velocity stack pulls air (sits above not directly on) from the fender vent area, as cold as it gets. No water issues since the stack sits above the vent. I tested it with a wash and no issues there either. Adds a nice suction noise and better throttle response that I could feel.

Dealing with hurricane cleanup. Can hopefully pick one of these up after things go back to normal. Nice to know we can get them state side now. Thanks whoosh.

There was enough that I added a true velocity stack at the end of the hose and attached it to the fenderwell inside liner. The velocity stack pulls air (sits above not directly on) from the fender vent area, as cold as it gets. No water issues since the stack sits above the vent.
Any photos?

Unfortunately not. Basically affixed it to the inner bumper, clamped it onto the Mountune pipe. Works great though and like I said, tons of room and airspace around it with the washer reservoir out.

If you have time with the st200 you can buy a flexible hose off eBay and route it to the foglight on the drivers side. That's how I have it run.

"I've been told that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at anytime I will be sacked. Even the Angel Gabriel would struggle with that hanging over his head." ~ Jeremy Clarkson

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone with a 3d printer should print out a fog light bracket/assembly with another hole in it for the hose to mount to.... along with keeping the fog light functional. Just food for thought

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
So I'm sure you would want the ST200 box over the mountune box since the mountune is medal and that'll soak up heat more then the plastic would?

Bluedrank

So I'm sure you would want the ST200 box over the mountune box since the mountune is medal and that'll soak up heat more then the plastic would?
yes definitely. I got mine from Ron at Whoosh and I'm very pleased. The big thing for st200 box imo is that it looks completely stock to all but the most informed person.very sleeperish and very likely to go unnoticed if you're concerned about warranty.