Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P205/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza

Hello. Does anyone know the mileage of the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires ? I have a 2016 Fiesta ST. They are the stock tires. I'm not sure if they are 25,000 mile tires. 50,000 mile tires ? I have about 20,500 miles on the odometer. The tires already look like they have a decent amount of wear. Regular driving. This is my every day car. I guess the question is, should I start thinking about new tires at 20,000 miles ? Seems like the Potenzas have a real short life. I'm unable to Google the mileage life of the tire. Thanks.

Ive read varying results... Im down to 6/32" after just 6000 miles on mine, so hopefully I get at least 15,000 miles out of them. The good thing is that my new wheels and tires for "winter" came yesterday so that will help prolong their life till I can put on a better summer tire.

edit: if you have 20,000 miles on yours then youre doing better than me.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hello. Does anyone know the mileage of the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires ? I have a 2016 Fiesta ST. They are the stock tires. I'm not sure if they are 25,000 mile tires. 50,000 mile tires ? I have about 20,500 miles on the odometer. The tires already look like they have a decent amount of wear. Regular driving. This is my every day car. I guess the question is, should I start thinking about new tires at 20,000 miles ? Seems like the Potenzas have a real short life. I'm unable to Google the mileage life of the tire. Thanks.
The tread wear rating on the stock Potenza is 140. I've heard great things about the Nitto NeoGen A/S (all season, but really 3 season) tires. Their tread wear rating is 280, and they're fairly inexpensive. I think you can pick them up for $80 in size 205/40/17.

There are some decent summer tires you can get at fair prices too: Federal, Indy, etc.

Zissou

20k miles is on the high side for what I've heard people getting out of these.

I'm at about 12k on them on my 2014, but I'm up at stage 3. I miiiight be able to get 13k-15k.

My 2014 has 21.8k miles on the odo, but a bunch of that was running on my winter set up (all season 15").

The OEM RE050a's are indeed a max performance summer; you trade off traction for tread life. If you're racking up lots of miles I'd recommend either a less aggressive summer tire or a set of all seasons. You could do 2 sets of wheels; one for weekend blasts and one for commuting.

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
I called Geralds Tire & Brake. They have an all season performance tire called a Mile star $94 each installed. It seems like they get good reviews. I may replace the front tires tires tomorrow & rear at the end of month.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I called Geralds Tire & Brake. They have an all season performance tire called a Mile star $94 each installed. It seems like they get good reviews. I may replace the front tires tires tomorrow & rear at the end of month.
Vague discription, but I looked them up. Looks like 540 tread wear, so they should last awhile, and may be good in inclement weather as well. Performance might be a different story, though.

me32

1000 Post Club
Im sure the stock tires are only good about 20-25k. But i made my stock tires last to 36k. But after 20k you could feel the loss in tight hard cornering.

Waterfan

Replaced mine at 21k. They were ready to be replaced at 17k but I was being lazy/cheap (and agonizing over 16" wheel/tire choice). 15k seems to be the average and is completely reasonable for a ultra/max/summer tire. More if you cross-rotate and check alignment more frequently and drive less aggressively.

I am at 49k with original tires and brakes. Prolly about 25k on the OEM summers because I use a winter set up half of the time. Still at 6/32.

I believe I replaced the OEM tires somewhere around 19,000, and that was probably pushing it too far. I have Pilot Super Sports now. Have had them for about 20k miles and love them. Slightly less traction than OEM tires, but that's the sacrifice for a longer lasting tire.

I believe I replaced the OEM tires somewhere around 19,000, and that was probably pushing it too far. I have Pilot Super Sports now. Have had them for about 20k miles and love them. Slightly less traction than OEM tires, but that's the sacrifice for a longer lasting tire.
No way the PSS's have less traction than OEM. They are some of the top street tires money can buy. The OEMs are more than a decade old at this point, and I think the only reason they still sell them is because Bridgestone must cut some sweet deals with the OEMs to keep putting them on cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you mean Pilot Sport AS/3s?? [dunno]

Because like Joker states above, the PSSes should be light years ahead of the Potenzas in EVERY performance category measured, DESPITE their much higher tread wear rating!! [???:)]

I got my car last November, have about 20k miles, and am about to buy my fifth set of tires. This includes about seven trips to the track and nine AutoX events.

Now that I have two sets of wheels I'm on the hunt for a good set of high performance all seasons. Leaning toward the PSS but would love to hear recommendations.

I'm at 30k with stock tires. Average aggressive driving, no tracking, and 2 winters. Talk about an adventure in the snow. I'm about to put on a set of neogens's this week.

I'm at 30k with stock tires. Average aggressive driving, no tracking, and 2 winters. Talk about an adventure in the snow. I'm about to put on a set of neogens's this week.
Man, I can't imagine going all winter. I didn't have my winters yet, and tried to drive through the first snow. I will never do that again! Super scary, super sketchy just going around the block. I'm at 24k and need new tires but the $ is tight right now. With only 6 weeks or so left till switching to winters I may try and stretch until next year...unless I find a good deal on new OEMs on the black rims.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I run Federal 595EVOs, they're not bad but definitely don't feel like the potenzas.

FYI I got about 35k out of my potenzas on daily driving, no track/mountain run use.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Now that I have two sets of wheels I'm on the hunt for a good set of high performance all seasons. Leaning toward the PSS but would love to hear recommendations.
The PSSes are NOT all seasons, FAR from it, as they are almost a high(er) tread wear rated open TRACK tire!