Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Guy from MN

Hi folks. Been lurking while I made up my mind on what new vehicle to buy. Hopefully on Saturday I will be rowing gears in a new'17 white ST. We agreed on the numbers yesterday, but I wanted to take another day to see if I could find the same nearby with black wheel option. No joy, but after looking at a lot of photos, the radio gray have grown on me. So tomorrow I'll seal the deal if the dealer is on the level. I had a couple deals fall through when the dealer lied about the options or changed the price at the last minute.

My dad had a first gen Fiesta, 1978 I think, that was a blast in it's day. Really nimble and we could chirp the tires going into third. (Yes, I'm an old dino) More recently I've had a Gen 1 Miata and Focus SVT. I was looking at the Focus RS, but decided on a FIST so I could afford to keep my beloved 2000 Land Cruiser.

For mods I just plan on the warranty friendly Mountune and possibly a stage 2 in a couple of years. A lot of inspiration in the threads here though. So who knows?

If you have Facebook and haven't done so already, search "MN STs". It's our Minnesota ST/RS group. Great group of guys and we have meets/cruises throughout the year.

OP
U
Thread Starter #8
Picked her up in Fargo yesterday afternoon in Fargo. I was in love by third gear. Feels so much quicker than the 0-60 suggests. I drove her medium hard the first half hour around town to get a good seat on the rings and then drove back to the Twin Cities. Pleasantly surprised how fast and smoothly the boost comes on.

It came with all-seasons so I think I'll see how it goes this winter only driving the Land Cruiser until after the roads are plowed. Then summer performance come May and Blizzaks on 15 or 16 inch next winter.

P.S. Mud, see you on MN STs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Pilot Sport AS/3s do very well in the cold, as long as there is no ice, or snow deeper than about a half inch.

They are GREAT in the cold and bone DRY weather, at least for the ambients we get around here, it may be a much different case up in the north lands.