Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not happy with Stoptech Slotted rotors and pads

Hi all:

Around two months ago and over 2k miles, I've installed the two pairs (back and front) of Street Stoptech rotors and pads. I did a good bed in procedure and still they don't stop nearly as well as the stock ones. I was looking for less dust and good stopping power maybe not as good as stock, but man they don't even activate the ABS even pressing the brake pedal with both feet, it's horrible, I'm very disappointed with this piece of s#!t.

I have attached a pair of pictures, so you can see the condition, I don't know if I have to wear them more to get a good performance, because I see two different layers in the rotors, but in the instruction states that around 800-1000 miles they are going to be performing as best as possible.

Any help will appreciated.

Front:

Back:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have cryoed slotted centric rotors and carbotech pads.....couldn't be happier....been a couple months....now just gonna clean the wheels....Dust cut almost to nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I have cryoed slotted centric rotors and carbotech pads.....couldn't be happier....been a couple months....now just gonna clean the wheels....Dust cut almost to nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Yep. I had Stoptech cryotreated rotors on my old FA5, and never ran into any rust issues. They were great! Can't speak for the pads though. I ended up using some EBC pads with the Spoon calipers, and it would put you in the windshield on hard stops.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've run stoptech rotors for years and years. never the cryos. I never had an issue. I think you're problem is shit pads. I just did my brakes and went cheap with oem blanks but with a good pad (hawk hps 5.0). I'm more than happy with my braking power.

Keep the rotors as is and get new pads before driving much further and there's a good chance they'll bed just fine. I not ideal but better than buying it all over again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
I've run stoptech rotors for years and years. never the cryos. I never had an issue. I think you're problem is shit pads. I just did my brakes and went cheap with oem blanks but with a good pad (hawk hps 5.0). I'm more than happy with my braking power.

Keep the rotors as is and get new pads before driving much further and there's a good chance they'll bed just fine. I not ideal but better than buying it all over again.

That's the thing, I'm using the centric psi quite semi metallic pads, and in the reviews people say they're awesome and better than the hps 5.0

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
really?! the hawks really didn't come into their own until about 1k miles but ur well past that. the only other thing it could be is fluid. try flushing it. if you know how it'll only cost you around 20 bucks and an afternoon.