Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

quick review and comparison

Hi all, I wanted to share my experience with owning my new Fiesta ST over the last week. I picked up the ST at a dealership not too far from home and after taking delivery decided my next priority would be making sure it gets broken in correctly. Per the manual all it really says is to avoid fast driving during the first 1,000 miles. I have had a little bit of fun getting on it but for the most part have been gentle and am trying to let all the parts wear in with one another as smoothly as possible.

I have been thoroughly amazed at how much fun the ST really is. Every review I can find have also said the same. It blows my mind how this car makes me feel when I am driving it. Everything is so direct and precise. The weight of the car is probably my favorite attribute because it feels like a feather compared to other cars, always on the tip of it’s toes ready to dive into the next turn. It’s so eager and wants you to push it. The small amount of turbo blowoff also makes me giddy every time I hear it.

Now I have to admit, the Fiesta is not the only monster I have hiding in the dungeon. Back in May I picked up what is considered to be one of the best sports cars on the market right now. They call it the Camaro ZL1 and it is truly magnificent. Comparing the two, the ST would be like a swiss army knife - small, precise, and sharp. Whereas the ZL1 is more like a battle axe - large, violent, and terrifying. When you lay down the hammer, it pins you to the back of the seat no matter what gear you are in and continues to pull hard all the way to redline, all while making a ton of noise from the supercharged engine and exhaust. Where the two are very similar is in the handling department. Both have incredible grip and can take turns at speed with ease. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Fiesta could hang with the ZL1 on a tight twisty road course.

Both the ZL1 and the ST are considered bargain performance cars in their own segments and I couldn’t agree more. For what you get at each of their price points, there simply is no competition. I am truly grateful for getting the opportunity to own both. American car manufacturing at it's finest!