Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EJ's DIY interior moulding low bling mod

jeff

2000 Post Club
What's up folks!

Today I installed some of "EJ's super car 3D interior moulding strip line" which cost me a mere $9. (click for link to purchase)

Now, just the name tells you something fantastic will happen to your car if you buy this stuff. I became interested in this mod as I've added a few other subtle things lately to spice up the bargain basement interior. This could be taken wayyyyyyy to far (see product pics on link), but I think what I've done is all I'll do and it looks pretty good in person. My wife liked it and she is a pretty classy lady so that means it really does look good and is not excessive.

I did paint the moulding red to match my other red stuff. It comes in "bling red" color which is super shiny/chrome-looking and that just would not do. To paint it I used a long piece of cardboard, cut a groove, placed the moulding in the groove, painted it, and repeated until all was finished. Install is easy; cut, stuff it in the trim, you're done. I used double stick tape in a few areas for added security, and it's sticking out a bit, I need to go stuff those in a bit more. But you'll get the idea...

I have a picture in my mind of who EJ is and what he looks like; I'm sure he could sell me some other things that would make my life more super, but I digress.

Here are some pics!!!! It's super!!!!

[^]

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
very nice. GREAT IDEA. I think I'm gonna go with a gray/silver. This and some of those leather interior bits (their name escapes me) and our interior will be a pretty classy place

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

To think Ford could have done this color-matched and made the interior look this much better from the get-go.

Awesome job.
Yeah but then price point would have encroached on the Focus...just like it should have an auto dimming mirror and backup camera

Wow...that looks amazing. Incredible idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] Looks good. Can't find the exact one you used that will ship to Canada but found a few on ebay. Cheap enough to try even if I don't like it.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
very nice. GREAT IDEA. I think I'm gonna go with a gray/silver. This and some of those leather interior bits (their name escapes me) and our interior will be a pretty classy place

To think Ford could have done this color-matched and made the interior look this much better from the get-go.

Awesome job.

Thanks fellas!

[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] Looks good. Can't find the exact one you used that will ship to Canada but found a few on ebay. Cheap enough to try even if I don't like it.
Thanks. You might have missed it, but I put a link in red in post #1 if you want to Amazon it. And it's good stuff too, has a very nice shape that fits in most places I tried it.

Looks good! Got me pumped to do mine until I found no one seems to make it in white :(
All the colors they offer wouldn't do for me so I picked the closest and then painted it myself. I'd suggest that, then you can get any color you want. Painting it is super easy and yields great results!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11

Awesome job.

Thanks fellas!

Thanks. You might have missed it, but I put a link in red in post #1 if you want to Amazon it. And it's good stuff too, has a very nice shape that fits in most places I tried it.

Looks good! Got me pumped to do mine until I found no one seems to make it in white :(
All the colors they offer wouldn't do for me so I picked the closest and then painted it myself. I'd suggest that, then you can get any color you want. Painting it is super easy and yields great results!

What did you use to paint it? Really want to do this in white and don't mind some DIY for the DIY haha

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
nope did not miss it. But only available on Amazon.com no luv for Amazon.ca

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ordered the gray set. might take me a while to get to it but I'll def post when I get it all done

The doors look great, it makes them look way better. I'm not sure I like how it looks on the dash though, looks added on as opposed to it almost looking factory on the door panels.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
They blew it. i ordered what they had listed as gray. What they sent was a some cheap plastichrome shit out of a chevy cavalier :( at least it was only 9 bucks lol

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Hey folks,

Update, I decided to do my rear doors too. Found a product that is way superior on all accounts. The stuff I linked in the first post is decent enough but it has to be wedged in between the trim to fit, and in some areas that does not work very well and needs customization to make it look right. However, I got a second product that simply sticks on with 3M tape. It's way better and looks way better and is far easier to use. In my case, I wish I had used this stuff from the start but I guess you live and learn. In any case, I painted it because I wanted a bit of a darker red color and check out the pictures, it looks really great!

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014VC0VTW/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics before and after:
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Jeff, will I need to order two of these to complete the project.
I'm not sure, it depends on the length of material you'll need to complete whatever length of trim you want to apply.

I still have EJ's low bling on my car but I did remove a few sections in the center console area, it was just too much bling. I have noticed however that many of the newer "niche" cars have a large amount of accent bling trim on the interior....whether or not they consulted EJ is uncertain.....

I ended up using two different products. I ordered a second roll of the product that sticks into the seam, but the stuff that showed up in the mail was different from the first one - very different - even though I ordered the exact same stuff; different shade of red, different size, different thickness and rigidity. I also used a stick-on product for the rear area. Both the tuck-in and stick-on have their advantages and disadvantages. The tuck-in is great and looks awesome but it won't quite tuck in everywhere, some areas are just too tight. The stick on will go anywhere but I've noticed that it expands and contracts with the hot/cold weather so it peels on occasion and has to be reapplied.

Bottom line, anyone going to EJ for their low bling needs to expect uncertainty and be ready for trial and error. Some ingenuity is needed for some areas.

I might have to give the stick on a try. Tried the EJ you had linked since probably 2 months after you posted and recently removed it as all the color had faded. It was a nice blue when I bought it, now it just looks hazy whiteish

Ford Community Posts