Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pierce brace and hot side pipe clearance

Quick question for anyone running a pierce control arm brace. Is anyone else having clearance issues with their brace and an aftermarket intercooler pipe on the hot side? If you're not having clearance issues, would anyone mind posting pics of what intercooler pipe they currently have installed. I have a small dilemma at the moment.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Control arm brace? Do you mean the sub-frame brace? I have the six point and the DHM hotside without any issues.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I run the brace and the depo piping with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yes. attaches to the front control arm mounting points.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I can't get mine to clear for the life of me!

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Do you have extra clearance or is it wedged in there?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
push the pipes further into the couplings. and don't bother with the one connection tab on the pipe. Mine broke and it holds just fine.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Ya mine broke off as well. I just looked at it, I'm going to give it a try and see if that works.

running with CP-E hot charge. Had to really push it in there and there are clearance issues but I have been able to get it to work with no issue (holds boost fine).

OP
D
Thread Starter #12
Checked clearances with depo pipe, couldn't get the pipe to contort to allow the 2 pt pierce brace in. Picked up an MBRP hot side pipe to help with clearance. Charge pipe installed, somehow I misplaced the damn 13mm nuts, which go to the bracket [emoji27]! But....I gained a good bit of clearance. Mocked up the brace and it officially seems to clear at first sight. Although I do wish MBRP would get some better penetration with those welds!!

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
Pierce two point installed on race ramps. Had no problems torquing the bolts back down to 45 with an extra 180* turn (hoping this is the correct rating). Cleared the MBRP pipe just fine. By chance, would anyone happen to know what the flange nut size is for the boost pipe bracket?