Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Toyota Yaris GRMN...

Frankly, any manufacturers support of performance B-segment cars would be welcome, me thinks. Would be surprised, indeed, if other car makers bring any B-seg hot hatched, to the domestic market--sad.
I'm completely satisfied with my FiST, but would be interested in seeing more availability here in the US...esp since the Ford won't import (or produce) the new-gen Fiesta.

Many, many, years ago, I owned a 1983 Rabbit GTI, bought (almost) new, and owned for 9 years. Curious, I checked the GTI dimensions, and found that the FiST is actually larger in many ways. In 1983, the Rabbit wasn't considered to be a 'tiny' or very-small car, though in 2017 the Fiesta is. That's 'progress' for ya....

Almost bought a very low-mileage Suzuki Swift, in the early 1990's, and regret not going through--a very fun car.

Import that hot-hatch Yaris, Toyota...some might proffer that it wouldn't be the dumbest move you've made, lately.

me32

1000 Post Club
I have driven the base fiesta and would never own one personally. If me32 (and others) likes it than great for them. Whether its base model yaris or fiesta, I would pass. So more for you guys! But if you can't see the irony you gotta get your eyes checked...lol... there's some strange pride here. Most people don't even blink because we're driving STs, yet we're bashing the Toyota (the Yaris) for trying to make a competitive hot hatch that would be analgous or the hot hatch for our base model fiesta (what we drive, the ST!). Clearly we think we're better than others or something... fanboys gonna be fanboys
You sound like the troll from a Honda fan boy site. I'll give you your gold star for the day.

AzNightmare

You sound like the troll from a Honda fan boy site. I'll give you your gold star for the day.
There's nothing trollish about the comments. Facts are facts.

That's the difference I like the regular fiesta hatch. I dont like the yaris. So clearly there is no irony.
This doesn't even make sense. Your preference of you personally liking the regular Fiesta and not liking the Yaris has little relevancy to the irony. The Yaris GRMN is a performance version of the Yaris. The FiST is a performance version of a Fiesta. That's just pure facts.

Saying something silly like "Still a yaris" is as silly as someone saying the FoRS is "Still a focus".
Unless you're talking about something like a Mustang or hell, even the BRZ, something that was built ground up to be a performance car and not just some pumped up version of an econobox that feels like you're sitting in a bar stool, your statement is ironic.

-----

Obviously not everyone is going to feel the same way, but if you're not getting the FiST, then there really is no 2nd place. I'm not gonna go with a base Fiesta and brag about how much more awesome it is compared to a Yaris or a Fit. They're all slow ass cars that no one would consider even mentioning in a performance car magazine. Maybe some of you really really love the Fiesta, but for me, I just love the ST. That's all.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
We have been experiencing a hot hatch revival for the last four years. I think that hot hatches are so relatively common in many areas now that it could be the explanation for why people don't wave back at us when we acknowledge them on the road. It's as good a reason as I can determine. Hot hatches,in general, are pretty much common. In urban and suburban areas.
Oh, exactly 4 years? You've got it all figured it out.

I have driven the base fiesta and would never own one personally. If me32 (and others) likes it than great for them. Whether its base model yaris or fiesta, I would pass. So more for you guys! But if you can't see the irony you gotta get your eyes checked...lol... there's some strange pride here. Most people don't even blink because we're driving STs, yet we're bashing the Toyota (the Yaris) for trying to make a competitive hot hatch that would be analgous or the hot hatch for our base model fiesta (what we drive, the ST!). Clearly we think we're better than others or something... fanboys gonna be fanboys
I agree

OP
S
Thread Starter #26
Oh, exactly 4 years? You've got it all figured it out.
Do the math Jethro. In 2012 ford offered no performance hatchbacks. Then they offered two. Hyundai now offers a turbo Veloster.in 2012 they didn't offer one. I could go on. But im not the one who developed the product launch timelines.

me32

1000 Post Club
There's nothing trollish about the comments. Facts are facts.

This doesn't even make sense. Your preference of you personally liking the regular Fiesta and not liking the Yaris has little relevancy to the irony. The Yaris GRMN is a performance version of the Yaris. The FiST is a performance version of a Fiesta. That's just pure facts.

Saying something silly like "Still a yaris" is as silly as someone saying the FoRS is "Still a focus".
Unless you're talking about something like a Mustang or hell, even the BRZ, something that was built ground up to be a performance car and not just some pumped up version of an econobox that feels like you're sitting in a bar stool, your statement is ironic.

-----

Obviously not everyone is going to feel the same way, but if you're not getting the FiST, then there really is no 2nd place. I'm not gonna go with a base Fiesta and brag about how much more awesome it is compared to a Yaris or a Fit. They're all slow ass cars that no one would consider even mentioning in a performance car magazine. Maybe some of you really really love the Fiesta, but for me, I just love the ST. That's all.
What?

OP
S
Thread Starter #28
To distill down what i think several of us agree on, we really like the Fiesta ST.We all are in agreemet that it is uncommon to see one in many parts of tbe country.and i think most of us have brains and binocular vision that allow us to recognize when some other, similar type vehicles are offered. The way some view this subject, its almost like any discussion of other car brands is like cheating on the wife or girlfriend.

Waterfan

I think Fit SI or Type-R would be a license to print money in California. (second coming of CRX Si)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's NOT the "discussion" of these cars which makes me feel like I am "cheating on" my car, but I for one will NEVER EVER own a Toyota (nor most other Nippon/Korean nameplates for that matter), PERIOD,END OF STORY, I don't care WHERE it is screwed together, or just how; "phenomenal, the epitome of perfect performance, the ONLY hot hatch left in existence, yada, yada, etc." it may be, it AIN'T happening! [NONO]

I do NOT "need to" explain the above any more than the brainwashed lemmings in this country need to explain their never ever wanting to touch anything with a domestic nameplate on it. ;)

me32

1000 Post Club
Wish I could thumbs down dumb posts to keep people from channeling their inner 16-year-old self.
You could start a list and add your own thumbs down. Might help you sleep better at night. 16 was a great age. Guess that explains why I got the st.

AzNightmare

Just start from the top might just be easier lol.
It's ok bud.

You thought the Yaris GRMN is still just a Yaris.
You're not wrong.

The ST is just a Fiesta
The RS is just a Focus
The Type R is just a Civic
The R is just a Golf
The STI is just an Impreza

We are good.

[wiggle]

Ford Community Posts