Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Toyota Yaris GRMN...

OP
S
Thread Starter #42
And the 911 Porsche was really just a longer wheelbase turbo VW Beatle.

No one has mentioned yet just how expensive this Toyota is. Which makes sense because they are only making 400 but this truly isn't a ST competitor. I wish the ST did have more comp considering ford is pulling the plug and the only thing left is an overpriced Fiat.

It's crazy to me that the compact hot hatch isn't more popular in the US. When you look at Europe, there are a ton of hot hatches in the Fiesta ST's segment. It makes me sad.

AzNightmare

It's crazy to me that the compact hot hatch isn't more popular in the US. When you look at Europe, there are a ton of hot hatches in the Fiesta ST's segment. It makes me sad.
It's just demographics. I read an article before saying how their roads are smaller/narrower, fuel prices are a lot higher, no one there wants to buy big SUV's or crossovers or pick up trucks. In America, it's all about big cars. The bigger the "manlier".

Indeed it is disappointing. Ultimately, bigger cars are more practical. It's not hard to find someone here who decided on a FoST instead just simply because it has a bigger trunk and rear seats that are more usable.