Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pro tune needed for CatlessDP?

Running Cobbs OTS Stage 1 right now, plan on OTS Stage 3 before the DP. Wasn't sure if I can run 2JR's Catless DP with Cobbs OTS tune? It says it requires their High-Flow catted DP, but I also know people run different DPs with the OTS tune. Noob question I know, still getting use to tuning a turbo car and [like]

codestp202

You will be fine with the Stage 3 OTS tune, you just won't get as much performance as a custom tune. I would highly recommend getting a custom tune from someone like Stratified or one of the other big companies. It makes an incredibly noticeable difference.

OP
Spicy
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure first though. Will end up getting it pro tuned eventually.

codestp202

++ - any DP upgrade has been shown to offer next to nothing with a stock turbo.
About 1 week back I had sent an email to stratified regarding how a DP would change my car. Alejandro the head tuner himself said it would give more top end power and the car would be able to hold a bit more boost to the top end.

I'm going to trust Stratified.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe Adam (@Tune+) can jump in on this. He's said that the best DP for the stock turbo is the stock DP. I spoke to DHM's turner about a year ago and he said the same thing. My guess, and it's only that, is that there's a bit more to be found at the top end but that's after the turbo has fallen off the cliff and you've missed your shift point.

The FiST doesn't respond to DP upgrades as well as some other platforms, i.e. the stock DP isn't close to being a limiting factor. The general consensus around here is that, if you're staying with a stock turbo, a larger intercooler and a pro-tune will get practically are you're going to get power-wise. Further intake and exhaust upgrades add noise (and some of that noise is lovely) and itsy-bitsy gains.

Whether or not we agree that the DP does have gains (I believe it does, but not much on the stock turbo), it should be tuned for as it needs less WGDC to achieve the same amount of boost. Especially considering the OTS tune is meant for a catted COBB DP. Without a proper tune for it you will see some throttle closures from too much throttle inlet pressure. Stratified and/or most of the e-tuners on here should be able to set you up with something.