Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ROKBLOKZ Mudflap Review

So i really wanted to give my car the "rally" look as well as protect my paint, yet could not justify spending $150+ on a set of Rallyarmors. $98.99 free shipping for the Rokblokz, they arrived in less than a week in a compact yet neat package including the flaps (each labeled) along with two bags of mounting hardware (also labeled) , a set of worded instructions and pictures showing where to mount front and rear, and even a Smarties candy!

I had seen the YouTube video where they install the fronts without removing the wheels and so i attempted this but proved MUCH easier to grab the jack, stands, and impact gun. The install went pretty smoothly aside from ONE MAJOR design flaw in the mounting hardware. Most of the support comes from these plastic push pins that you screw into. The larger ones work great and hold tight but the two smaller ones they supply for the front top mounting points just kept pulling out as soon as the screw started to grab no matter how hard/soft or slow/fast i turned my screwdriver. The instructions said to drill a 1/4 inch hole for these and so to try and compensate i drilled the other side to 7/64. tight as hell to push in but kept pulling out in the same manner as the first side. I was able to utilize one of the factory push pins from each side and thankfully got the screw to catch and hold without pulling out. They really should just do away with the tiny pin and use the larger one top and bottom.

After getting them on and adjusted i was satisfied with the look and functionality but found another flaw as i backed into my parking space at work the following morning. I would always go until the back tires would hit the little curb stop they have and leave it at that but this time i heard a loud CRUNCH just before my tires hit it. The flaps sit low and are too rigid to bend and accommodate for that. Also being mounted with plastic clips i fear this would eventually rip them off so now i have to park extra carefully. (NOT a problem i wouldve had if i went for the flappy Rallyarmors)

All in all, i rate this product 3 out of 5 STARS due to these flaws and somewhat wish i spent the extra cash for the better product
21742858_10213107212328951_1408110837183710131_n.jpg

I just installed the Rally Armors on my 2017 FiST and I'm thinking they come down about as far as your Rokblokz in the rear, so they probably also would have scraped, though they are flexible. Still, you probably wouldn't want them to scrape and risk scarring up the bottom edges.

Seriously tho, thanks for putting up a review. There is a distinct lack of reviews for such items. I was in the market for some flaps last fall and there wasn't a whole lot of objective reviews. Good to see this now.

You probably weren't aware, but these are going to be getting pelted with rocks and dirt on a daily basis [kidding]
Very true, but hopefully not the back sides, which would take a hit by backing up over a concrete parking lot curb which is what the OP did. [cheers]

OP
V
Thread Starter #6
Seriously tho, thanks for putting up a review. There is a distinct lack of reviews for such items. I was in the market for some flaps last fall and there wasn't a whole lot of objective reviews. Good to see this now.
That is exactly the reason i made this post my friend. What surprises me is that we see a good amount of members with these yet i haven't heard of a single other complaint about the top front mounting clip

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Very true, but hopefully not the back sides, which would take a hit by backing up over a concrete parking lot curb which is what the OP did. [cheers]
Plus, even more importantly, one could pull/rip the whole flap and mounting hardware out of the fender well doing the above. :(

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still a bit too wide for my tastes. Is the logo on both sides of each flap? If not, i would flip them and trim the edges down a bit.

Yeah I have the same flaps, I really only had issues on the top outer push pins in the front flaps, the rest I was able to get pretty secure.

Still a bit too wide for my tastes. Is the logo on both sides of each flap? If not, i would flip them and trim the edges down a bit.
At least with Rally Armors, the logo is on one side, and my guess is that this is the case with all. If you want to flip them, you need something flat.

I'd love to put mudflaps on, but with snow.....not so much.

-Ski
The Rally Armors are flexible urethane so it would be hard for snow to pack up. A nudge with your foot should clear any snow pretty effectively since Rally Armor claims they remain flexible in cold temps.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've seen non-ST Fiestas with mudflaps/splah guards. Anyone know if these would fit a FiST?

Product(s) in question:
http://accessories.ford.ca/exterior/splash-guards/splash-guards-molded-rear-9417.html
http://accessories.ford.ca/exterior/splash-guards/splash-guards-flat-front.html

Not that I have anything against the Rokblokz, just want to explore all options :)
Those won't fit. We have a body that would get in the way.

At least with Rally Armors, the logo is on one side, and my guess is that this is the case with all. If you want to flip them, you need something flat.
Oh so these curve. :( I think it's time to start planning to buy a table for my router and make my own.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^You could always get the REAL rally mudflap material from Susquehanna Motorsports/rallylights.com, and cut them to whatever size/shape you want, like Brian (BRGT350) did, even though he went full-on rally size on the front flaps. ;)

Yeah I have the same flaps, I really only had issues on the top outer push pins in the front flaps, the rest I was able to get pretty secure.

Well snow doesn't do well being scraped by a mudflap. The snow ends up being even more jammed up in the well along with the mudflap being torn off by ice build up.

ah, our plows are pretty good around here, I don't have to worry about driving on loose snow much, mostly hard packed icy snow or slush

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
ah, our plows are pretty good around here, I don't have to worry about driving on loose snow much, mostly hard packed icy snow or slush
...and don't forget the rocks of salt, and resultant salt soup our illustrious PennDOT insists on dropping on our roads, by the trillions of tons at even the hint of a forecast of a 1/4" of the white stuff. [mad]