Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'16 Fiesta ST Sync 3 Update / apple car play / android auto

Just a heads up, you don't need to remove the center console for this. I used a couple old gift cards around the hub and got it to pop up. Took me like 5 minutes to swap it out

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Did this not come on the 2016 Fiesta ST's? My 2017 has this already.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Just a heads up, you don't need to remove the center console for this. I used a couple old gift cards around the hub and got it to pop up. Took me like 5 minutes to swap it out
:( :( :( :( :( WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa O_O lol. shit i've been looking up how to do this for some time. Well guess there is an easier way to do it for the next person trying to do this :).

Did this not come on the 2016 Fiesta ST's? My 2017 has this already.
No for some reason ford didn't do this for the 16'. Funny thing is when i bought the car I was reading through the '16 pamphlet and it stated it had apple carplay. tried multiple times did some research turns out ford didn't release an update to the sync 3 till early this year. They offered service to install the hub and update the system to do car play but it was costly. Cheaper to just do it yourself.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
:( :( :( :( :( WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa O_O lol. shit i've been looking up how to do this for some time. Well guess there is an easier way to do it for the next person trying to do this :).

No for some reason ford didn't do this for the 16'. Funny thing is when i bought the car I was reading through the '16 pamphlet and it stated it had apple carplay. tried multiple times did some research turns out ford didn't release an update to the sync 3 till early this year. They offered service to install the hub and update the system to do car play but it was costly. Cheaper to just do it yourself.
Hate to do this to you since you did a nice job with the writeup but.... this is the thread you were probably looking for:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Auto-and-AppleCarPlay-(download-links-inside)

Just typing this so i can find this thread later. I have no clue how to subscribe to a thread yet.