Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Pads

I bought a brand new 2014 Fiesta ST and it came with badass racing brake pads but they left alotta dust. Because of the complaints Ford replaced them with the a new compound. I replaced at 25k miles and they sucked ass from the start. Eventually I spent some money on hawk racing pads after some time because the brakes sucked so much.
Feb 2017 I total my fiesta in a commuting accident, I pulled the brake pad box out before I towed the car.
Fast forward 6 mos I get a new FiST (best car ever) 2016. Brake pads suck. I grab the Hawks from the garage and swap them out. OMG different car. Moral of the story: first year FiST's came with race car brake pads. Every other year had shitty ones. Spend $100 and upgrade to a pad that gives feedback and bite.

Zormecteon

I don't drive all that hard.... .. I changed the originals to mountune RS-R pads. I notice no difference in slowing or stopping, but I do notice how much cleaner my wheels are.

YMMV

My 2 ¢

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I bought a brand new 2014 Fiesta ST and it came with badass racing brake pads but they left alotta dust. Because of the complaints Ford replaced them with the a new compound. I replaced at 25k miles and they sucked ass from the start. Eventually I spent some money on hawk racing pads after some time because the brakes sucked so much.
Feb 2017 I total my fiesta in a commuting accident, I pulled the brake pad box out before I towed the car.
Fast forward 6 mos I get a new FiST (best car ever) 2016. Brake pads suck. I grab the Hawks from the garage and swap them out. OMG different car. Moral of the story: first year FiST's came with race car brake pads. Every other year had shitty ones. Spend $100 and upgrade to a pad that gives feedback and bite.
there are two variant of the OE pads. The full metal or the comfort ones (less dust). The less dust ones appeared and were an option when ordering the all season tires instead of the summer only tires. You can still purchase the dusters.

Which Hawk Pads did you order?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went with Carbotechs 1521....pretty good pad ...way way less dust.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk