Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gen2 2860r Results

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #21
Curious how you (and any others making similar power) are holding up on track. Are you on stock radiator or did you upgrade? I have a hard time keeping cool with the stock turbo and a Stratified tune. I'm amazed anyone can track it pushing 400 whp.
I have a universal oil cooler and a mountune radiator and mishimoto thermostat.

Just ordered my 2860 gen 2 as well. gonna be running e30/meth if i can to start off with. kinda blew my money on the turbo itself....now need to save for aux fuel lol. hopefully this is more fun the my 260hp c39 ;)

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #25
Just ordered my 2860 gen 2 as well. gonna be running e30/meth if i can to start off with. kinda blew my money on the turbo itself....now need to save for aux fuel lol. hopefully this is more fun the my 260hp c39 ;)
thats what i had before my 2860r. its a different ballgame :)

Is this turbo based off an ATP kit ? I realize it uses the BP racing manifold, but... it uses and ATP adaptor and downpipe adaptor etc ?

Have you made it anywhere with this setup ?

for those wondering... the install on these things are a PAIN. mainly because of the vband-to-turbo connection onto the manifold. Unless you plan to remove the manifold as well... prepare to get a tad bit angry. and make sure EVERY connection on those new lines are as tight as possible. i made the mistake of forgetting to completely tighten a coolant connection, and it just so happened to be the one on the far turbo side, closer to the manifold. which either calls for a complete removal of the turbo, or somehow getting a wrench to squeeze in the limited amount of space and very slowly getting the bolt to turn. gave me quite the headache.

BUT.. after everything seems to be running smoothly, this thing gives off quite some angry turbo sounds. havent gotten any revisions as of yet . but that shall come soon :)

for those wondering... the install on these things are a PAIN. mainly because of the vband-to-turbo connection onto the manifold. Unless you plan to remove the manifold as well... prepare to get a tad bit angry. and make sure EVERY connection on those new lines are as tight as possible. i made the mistake of forgetting to completely tighten a coolant connection, and it just so happened to be the one on the far turbo side, closer to the manifold. which either calls for a complete removal of the turbo, or somehow getting a wrench to squeeze in the limited amount of space and very slowly getting the bolt to turn. gave me quite the headache.

BUT.. after everything seems to be running smoothly, this thing gives off quite some angry turbo sounds. havent gotten any revisions as of yet . but that shall come soon :)
Any revisions yet?

Finally finishing up my tune with Stratified and i have to say i am very impressed with this setup. Boost comes on pretty late compared to stock turbo/stock frame (x37,x47) but when its up and spooled it is a fricken rocket ship.

TURBO: GEN2 2860r
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, Thermal R&D exhaust, DHM race cooler, Tial Q BOV, eBay manifold, Stratified aux fuel, LSD, awr rmm
Can you give a review of the LSD?

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #34
Can you give a review of the LSD?
I went with an mfactory lsd. It performs great. My car makes too much power for it to stop wheel spin in a straight line but it works wonders in the corners. I still spin while turning buts it's much less than I would without the lsd. For the price it is worth it. Anything specific you want to know?

Saying the price is worth it helps a lot to comfort me in that price tag of getting the Quaife installed :).

I'm at 193hp and 251tq to the wheels now and it's already constantly spinning tires in a straight line, with corners being worse as you probably know. I want to get a bigger turbo as well but what's the point if I don't resolve my traction issues first.

I see a lot of talk in the forums about a lower brace, 4 point or 6 point but is that a cheaper alternative to an LSD that isn't quite as effective as an LSD?

I think about wider tires too on the stock ST wheels but it seems the selection is very sparse to go wider than 205 on a 17inch wheel (and does well in standing water since I live in Seattle).

I guess my biggest question is at my power level (much lower than yours) will I see a very notable difference in a straight line with traction?

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #36
Saying the price is worth it helps a lot to comfort me in that price tag of getting the Quaife installed :).

I'm at 193hp and 251tq to the wheels now and it's already constantly spinning tires in a straight line, with corners being worse as you probably know. I want to get a bigger turbo as well but what's the point if I don't resolve my traction issues first.

I see a lot of talk in the forums about a lower brace, 4 point or 6 point but is that a cheaper alternative to an LSD that isn't quite as effective as an LSD?
i road race with a few x47 fiestas here in AZ and they have had all forms of bracing from 2pt to 4pt to 6pt braces and none of them do whats advertised. i have never had one but the consensus from those 3 cars is that they are not worth the money paid.

I think about wider tires too on the stock ST wheels but it seems the selection is very sparse to go wider than 205 on a 17inch wheel (and does well in standing water since I live in Seattle).

I guess my biggest question is at my power level (much lower than yours) will I see a very notable difference in a straight line with traction?
at your power level you will see much better straight line traction. a good set of low tread wear tires will help as well. i do think our selection of tires in 17s are awful. i wish we could fit some wider tires without destroying the fenders. i am hesitant to fender flare because you cant undo it...

Hey folks. Does the BPracing manifold spool faster than the stock one with this turbo? Looking for a manifold that works with the ATP kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey folks. Does the BPracing manifold spool faster than the stock one with this turbo? Looking for a manifold that works with the ATP kit.

Pumaspeed in the U.K. has a tubular manifold in 1" and 1 1/4" that will work with the ATP kit. I will be ordering there "quickspool" manifold myself.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #39

i honestly think not all spool results can be compared. if you look at the very low spool RPMs results you will see they started their run as low as 2k RPMs. My tuner has asked me to start min at 3k rpms thus giving a much higher spool RPM. Starting lower in the rev band will produce lower spool results. i would rather not risk LSPI to show off how low i can get my spool. Going WOT at 2k RPMs is asking for trouble.

The only real way to compare would be to have each manifold start all pulls from the same RPM.

100% agree. I am just trying to gauge whether or not this path will satisfy, even with a later spool. And if paying for an aftermarket manifold will actually make a difference. And if so, which one is best. [emoji51]